- 1. Graduate from a physical therapy curriculum approved by the American Physical Therapy Association and is currently licensed in the state in which working as a Physical Therapist.
- A minimum of one year experience as a physical therapist preferably in a long-term care facility.
- Able to understand medical terminology and how it applies to physical therapy, to communicate with clients, staff, physicians, and to prepare meaningful reports.
- Spatial and form perception are necessary to visualize anatomical structure of the disabled part of the body and the relation to therapeutic devices in remedial actions.
- Coordination and dexterity are necessary when treating clients and handling therapeutic equipment.
- Ability to communicate with clients to establish favorable attitude and to motivate the clients to desired cooperation and effort in his/her rehabilitation development.
- Possesses adequate strength and endurance to meet the physical demands involved in moving clients and equipment into position for treatment and in manipulating equipment and clients.
- Be willing to work Saturdays and to travel to other Volunteers of America Care Centers.
- If operating company vehicle you must be twenty-one (21) years of age and meet the MVR organization standards.
- Interested in geriatric rehabilitation.
- Be compliant with the ethics and standards of practice as adopted by the American Physical Therapy association.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
Apply on company website