Description Position at Victorian Order of Nurses for Canada – Nova Scotia Branch
Employment Status: Casual
Program: Home Support
Work Schedule: Days, Evenings, Weekend
Union/Bargaining Unit: NSGEU
On Call: No
Area of work: Kings County
Are you looking for a rewarding career in healthcare?
Join the VON team and make a difference in the lives of people in your community by providing exceptional care. VON CCA's collaborate with community health teams to provide client-centred health care in homes & other community settings.
Make a Difference - Apply today!
As a Continuing Care Assistant, you will work in the community to provide services including personal care, light housekeeping, meal preparation, and respite to clients in their own homes.
- Interested applicants must have a Continuing Care Assistant Provincial Certificate/PSW, be a recent graduate of a CCA program, or be a current PLAR candidate
- International Students in Canada with a Nursing degree can apply
- Nursing/LPN students currently enrolled in a program can apply.
- Students of a Continuing Care Assistant Program (CCA) who are about to complete the program can apply.
- An Internationally Educated Nurse (IEN) who is registered with the National Nursing Assessment Service (NNAS) or the College of Nurses Nova Scotia (CNNS) actively pursuing a license as an LPN or RN or registration with the CCA Program pursuing CCA Certification.
- Completion of Standard First Aid and CPR C
- Availability to work days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and organization skills
- Strong assessment skills
- Ability to work independently and problem solve
- Ability to adapt to change and work in various social and economic environments
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required upon the start of your employment
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated areas
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment; Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Fine hand movements
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further information and contact details.
Attention Current Employees (Internal Applicants): If you are applying to a unionized position and you are a member of its bargaining unit, please be aware that this posting may remain open beyond the deadline if there are not enough applicants to fill the position(s). If you apply after the deadline date, your seniority will not entitle you to priority over any applicants who applied before the deadline date. If the posting remains open after the initial deadline, VON may close the posting at its' discretion or a rolling deadline equivalent to the posting period specified in your Collective Agreement will be deemed, and each successive period will be treated as a separate posting for purposes of comparing seniority between candidates.
Apply on company website