Description Position at Victorian Order of Nurses for Canada Ontario Branch
Employment Status: Permanent, Part Time (0.8 FTE)
Program Name: Visiting Nursing
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 60
Work Schedule: Days, Evenings, Weekends
Union/Bargaining Unit: OPSEU
On Call: No
Nurses who join our team receive diverse assignments and ongoing clinical education and training opportunities. We support our employees by offering a work environment that strives to reinforce work life balance. Corporate values of respect, participation, responsiveness and courage are upheld. These positions will be of interest to nurses who value client teaching, communication, autonomy and decision-making, and find community nursing challenging and rewarding.
- Provide and manage high quality, appropriate and cost effective nursing care to all individuals and/or families in the community who are assigned to their care
- Responsible to teach and delegate tasks and functions to different levels of workers and to family members and others in accordance with the standards and scope of practice as determined by VON and the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Comply with all standards, policies, procedures and legislative requirements
- Participate as a member of the health care team in relevant committees and working groups
- Current Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current CPR and First Aid certification will be requested
- Experience with pediatric patients with chronic conditions
- Demonstrated skills in observation, critical thinking, independent assessment, health teaching, communication and interpersonal relationship building
- Excellent assessment, teaching, problem solving and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team
- Experience working in a diverse population including mental health
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required upon the start of your employment
- A vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated areas
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced Environment; Attention to Detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Fine hand movements.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further information and contact details.
Attention Current Employees (Internal Applicants): If you are applying to a unionized position and you are a member of its bargaining unit, please be aware that this posting may remain open beyond the deadline if there are not enough applicants to fill the position(s). If you apply after the deadline date, your seniority will not entitle you to priority over any applicants who applied before the deadline date. If the posting remains open after the initial deadline, VON may close the posting at its' discretion or a rolling deadline equivalent to the posting period specified in your Collective Agreement will be deemed, and each successive period will be treated as a separate posting for purposes of comparing seniority between candidates.
Apply on company website