Graduate of an approved discipline specific program (or equivalent experience) and 1 year relevant experience
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Required
Additional Qualification Information:
- If a recent graduate, new hire must obtain Radiologic credentialing within one year of being hired
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
- Light Work category requiring exertion up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally and uses negligible amounts of force to move objects.
- Occasional: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
- Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
- Occasional: Lifting over 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects from one level to another, includes upward pulling over 35 lbs, with help of coworkers or assistive device
- Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or assistive device.
- Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
- Occasional: Climbing: Ascending or descending stairs/ramps using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
- Occasional: Kneeling:Bending legs at knees to come to rest on knee or knees.
- Occasional: Crouching/Squatting: Bending body downward and forward by bending legs and spine.Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
- Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
- Frequent: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
- Frequent: Walking: Moving about on foot.
- Frequent: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
- Frequent: Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching or maneuvering self, patient and equipment simultaneously while working in large and small spaces
- Frequent: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
- Frequent: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand or hands.
- Frequent: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
- Frequent: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both hands.
- Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
- Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory information
- Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
- Continuous: Smell: Ability to detect and identify odors.
- Occasional: Chemicals and Gasses: Medications, cleaning chemicals, oxygen, other medical gases used in work area.
- Frequent: Pathogens: Risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other contagious illnesses.
- Frequent: Radiation: May be exposed to occupational radiation, requiring enrollment in VUMC's Radiation Safety Program which includes training, use of personal protective equipment with lead shielding, and personal dose monitoring.
Apply on company website