**This is a full-time/non-exempt term position lasting six months to one year**
Clinical Trials Associate, VUMC Sickle Cell Disease Ct
Performs a variety of duties involved in the collection, interpretation, and documentation of data in support of clinical trials. Assists in ensuring adherence to protocols, appropriate regulations, and deadlines. Ensures quality of information received.
The Vanderbilt-Meharry Center of Excellence in Sickle Cell Disease features experts from many medical fields to provide you help and healing. Our pediatric and adult sickle cell specialists offer you care based on research and experience. We treat your symptoms and determine if you are a candidate for therapies that can lead to a cure. We are connected to everything Vanderbilt offers. This means we can help you face life with sickle cell disease from every angle - with medical, mental and social support.
- Full Time/Non-Exempt Position
Click here to view how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
· US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
· Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 “most-wired” hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
· Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the “100 Great Hospitals in America”, in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
· The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
· American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
· Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
· National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
· Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
- Processes patient data and runs reports as needed.
- Abstracts and records all patient data essential to the study onto required case report forms.
- Inputs all pertinent patient data into database accurately
- Ensures complete source documentation in record
- Ensures treatment and dates match
- Meets with and assists in response to sponsors and monitors to ensure compliance with protocol and applicable regulations.
- Answers queries from sponsoring companies.
- Meets with monitors to respond to any question of data validity.
- May conduct outside audits of other institutions data.
- Knowledgeable of protocol
- Examine data and records to ensure compliance with protocol.
Associate's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 1 year experience
Term position is a staff position that exists for a period longer than six months but is not expected to last beyond one year. Although a position may exist for a specified or indefinite period, staff who accept term positions are not guaranteed employment for the entire period; they are employed for indefinite periods within the limit of the appointment. There are no guarantees of continued employment, either within the term or when the term ends.
- Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
- Occasional: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
- Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
- Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
- Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
- Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
- Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
- Occasional: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
- Occasional: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand or hands.
- Occasional: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
- Frequent: Noise: May include exposure to occupational noise levels which equal or exceed an 8-hr time-weighted average of 85 decibels, requiring enrollment in VUMC's Hearing Conservation Program which includes training, use of hearing protection, and periodic audiometry.
- Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
Apply on company website