RN Patient Care Coordinator (Heart Failure)- Heart & Vascular Institute- FT Days
Assists in developing and meeting key Pillar outcomes and system improvement goals including financial, satisfaction, and clinical as the nursing component of the care coordination model. This position improves outcomes by reducing all cause hospital readmissions and coordinating episodes of care among patients in a busy Heart Failure program.
Participates in identification of appropriate patients; encourage patient and family engagement in self-care management; promote warm handovers to the next level of care by providing timely, pertinent information in a standardized way; conduct patient and family education on key elements of the patients' personal care plan by using the teach-back methodology and follow up phone calls; and assists the patient in navigating the healthcare system.
Our physicians perform approximately 130,000 clinic visits annually. We offer the most advanced technologies to treat coronary artery disease, arrhythmias, and structural heart disease in new, state-of-the-art cardiac catheterization and electrophysiology laboratories. In 2018, our heart transplant program was the second busiest in the world, with 100 adult heart transplants performed that year. Our multi-disciplinary programs in prevention, lipid management, inherited heart disease, adult congenital heart disease, vascular medicine, and cardio-oncology are unique in the region and among the busiest nationally.
•Relocation Assistance available.
•Monday- Friday 8am-5pm
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Our Nursing Philosophy:
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center's mission of quality in patient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
Achieve the Remarkable:
Learn more about VUMC Nursing:
•Nursing Careers: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/index.html
•Our Nursing Philosophy: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/philosophy.html
•Our Nursing Leadership: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/leadership.html
•Shared Governance: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/shared-governance.html
•Education & Professional Development: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/professional-development.html
•Life In Nashville: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/nashville.html
•VUMC Nursing: http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/root/vumc.php?site=vanderbilt-nursing
Other : Bachelor's of Science in Nursing and 5 years relevant experience
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
- Registered Nurse Required
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
- Light Work category requiring exertion up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally and uses negligible amounts of force to move objects.
- Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
- Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
- Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
- Occasional: Lifting over 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects from one level to another, includes upward pulling over 35 lbs, with help of coworkers or assistive device
- Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or assistive device.
- Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
- Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
- Occasional: Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching or maneuvering self, patient and equipment simultaneously while working in large and small spaces
- Occasional: Climbing: Ascending or descending stairs/ramps using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
- Occasional: Kneeling:Bending legs at knees to come to rest on knee or knees.
- Occasional: Crouching/Squatting: Bending body downward and forward by bending legs and spine.Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
- Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
- Occasional: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand or hands.
- Occasional: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both hands.
- Frequent: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
- Frequent: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
- Frequent: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
- Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
- Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory information
- Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
- Continuous: Smell: Ability to detect and identify odors.
- Occasional: Chemicals and Gasses: Medications, cleaning chemicals, oxygen, other medical gases used in work area.
- Occasional: Pathogens: Risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other contagious illnesses.
Apply on company website