The Business Analyst – PCMS position is located in Oxnard, California and directly reports to the Manager, Governance and Compliance. The role has a dotted line to Dir, Central Office Engineering (PCMS Officer). As a liaison to the Central Office of Engineering, the analyst is expected to understand, communicate, and complete all applicable requirements of the Product Compliance Management System (PCMS) to US Vehicle Testing leadership.The Business Analyst - PCMS is responsible for supporting efforts towards implementing, executing and maintaining all PCMS related obligations for both US Vehicle Testing Competence Centers in California and Arizona as well as consulting on PCMS topics with the Design Center California (DCC) and the Innovation and Engineering Center California (IECC). The role is intended to support continual improvement efforts related to the product compliance management system while simultaneously exploiting synergies between existing management systems and programs within VWGoA. Additionally, this position is considered to be a 2nd Line of Defense mechanism within the Three Lines of Defense Model, a core aspect of the PCMS system. The analyst also actively promotes the company's vision of integrity by displaying a positive attitude and behavior within the working environment.
PCMS within US Vehicle Testing – (70%)
Implementation, Execution and Continual Improvement of PCMS
· Responsible for implementation, execution and maintenance of requirements set forth in the VWGoA PCMS-01 Policy at both competence centers for US Vehicle Testing.
· Provides support towards ensuring product conformity by exploiting synergies between existing management systems and programs within VWGoA including but not limited to the following: Quality Management System (QMS); Environmental Compliance Management System (ECMS); Risk Management System (RMS); Internal Control System (ICS); and Compliance and Integrity Programs.
· Understands interfaces between existing systems and programs and ensures roles and responsibilities are clearly aligned and collaborates with US Vehicle Testing colleagues regarding respective systems and programs as necessary.
· Acts as liaison to the Central Office of Engineering to understand, communicate, and complete the requirements and details of PCMS to US Vehicle Testing leadership and colleagues.
· Supports PCMS readiness among US Vehicle Testing Competence Centers.
· Collaborates with Governance and Compliance team and maintains awareness of process standards, work instructions and existing control mechanisms and methods used within PCMS and updates documentation as required.
· Actively promotes awareness of company's integrity and compliance related efforts.
1st Line of Defense Roles, Responsibilities and Tasks
· Responsible for 1st Line of Defense roles, responsibilities and tasks for US Vehicle Testing.
· Ensures 1st Line of Defense requirements are captured within process standards, work instructions and existing control mechanisms and methods and collaborates with respective colleagues to meet PCMS objectives for US Vehicle Testing.
· Promotes best practices outlined in seven key core elements established within the PCMS policy.
· Maintains awareness of PCMS-01 Policy and reviews policy at minimum annually.
· Aligns PCMS targets with other established management system targets and incorporates targets into relevant product compliance processes.
· Collaborates with US Vehicle Testing colleagues to establish key performance indicators related to PCMS requirements annually and communicates to the Dir, Central Office Engineering (PCMS Officer) accordingly.
· Suggests and creates actions plans, which define and document the key steps, responsibilities and timelines for achieving PCMS targets with the approval of the Manager, Governance and Compliance.
· Develops, communicates and maintains PCMS documentation including register of applicable regulatory, legal and other biding obligations for both US Vehicle Testing Competence Centers and collaborates with team of analysts where necessary.
· Maintains awareness of critical legislation/ regulation updates pertaining to product compliance and communicates potential implications to US Vehicle Testing leadership and Dir, Central Office Engineering (PCMS Officer).
· Fosters internal and external dialogue with internal and external stakeholders to better understand needs, expectations and emerging developments on product compliance topics which could impact US Vehicle Testing and VWGoA, respectively.
· Considers input, needs and expectations of relevant stakeholders in the organizational design, implementation and overall suitability of the PCMS.
· Provides job-specific PCMS training to US Vehicle Testing colleagues and simultaneously assesses the effectiveness of the training.
· Maintains and ensures access (in both hardcopy and electronic format) to sources of applicable product binding obligations for colleagues while following established data governance policies.
· Provides and updates relevant PCMS related information stored in the respective business unit management folder.
2nd Line of Defense Roles, Responsibilities and Tasks
· Acts as 2nd Line of Defense to ensure US Vehicle Testing, DCC and IECC management, employees and third parties acting on behalf of VWGoA comply with PCMS requirements.
· Executes PCMS requirements set forth in VWGoA PCMS-01 Policy within US Vehicle Testing Competence Centers, DCC and IECC through effective communication, training, consultation and prioritization.
· Supports with developing, enhancing, and conducting customized product compliance related trainings in consultation with the Central Office Engineering colleagues and monitors completion of trainings of colleagues as needed.
· Provides guidance, training, monitoring, and coordination of remediation measures for risks and issues following a risk-based approach for US Vehicle Testing, DCC and IECC colleagues.
· Provides risk monitoring through assessments of internal control effectiveness, accuracy, and reporting intended to prevent, detect and reasonably respond to product compliance misconduct and/ or deviations.
· Ensures significant product compliance risks are identified, considered, and communicated during risk management processes and collaborates with Governance and Compliance colleagues to complete when necessary.
· Collaborates with appropriate colleagues to ensure PCMS relevant risks are controlled, mitigated, and reduced.
· Conducts and supports the analysis of internal self-assessments aimed at detecting, identifying and remediating PCMS relevant issues.
· Participates in regular PCMS and other relevant management system audits to evaluate, monitor and ultimately improve the management systems.
· Proposes corrective actions for deviations and opportunities for improvements found in assessments and audits and supports accordingly by tracking and ensuring actions are implemented effectively, closed out, and reported in a timely manner.
· Understands definitions and differences between guidelines set for in the PCMS and ECMS policies and ensures agreement between two systems (i.e. product compliance related risks and binding obligations).
· Supports and participates in annual management review of the US Vehicle Testing PCMS intended to determine the ongoing suitability of the organizational design, implementation and adequacy of resources.
· Participates in the periodic review of the VWGoA PCMS Mission Statement to ensure consistency with VW Group PCMS requirements and harmonization with other relevant management systems and programs as necessary.
Project Status, Meetings and Workshops Coordination – (30%)
· Maintains awareness of project status, applies project management skills and practices to identify and mitigate timing slips.
· Plans and executes workshops with different stakeholders as necessary.
· Tracks project status in detail and informs the Dir, Central Office Engineering (PCMS Officer) on regular basis.
· Escalates issues to stakeholders as needed.Performs additional duties as assigned.
3-5 years of relevant experience preferably within the automotive industry in an audit/ management system capacity
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Engineering - required
Master's degree in Business Administration or Engineering - desired
· Analytical and conceptual thinking – using logic and reason, creative and strategic
· Communication skills – interpersonal, presentation and written
· Computer savvy – skilled in the use of software
· Integration – joining people, processes or systems
· Detail Orientation – demonstrated record of precision and integrity
· Demonstrates flexibility to work under pressure and multi-task
· Initiative – self-starter, ability to work independently
· Problem solving
· Team oriented
· Customer focused
· Performance driven
· Process orientedInnovative
Specialized Skills Required:
· Highly proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
· Skilled in data analytics and spreadsheet preparation & development using Excel
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Eloquent English language presentation skills
· Highly organized and dependable
· Excellent teamwork ability and strong interpersonal skills
· Ability to work well independently and with minimal supervision
· Proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment including managing multiple tasksAbility to work flexible and extended hours as work load requires
Specialized Skills Desired:
· Automotive Industry experienceBasic German language skills
· Work schedule based on business requirements (minimum 40 hours / week) including occasional Saturday and occasional overtime, core work hours 7AM – 4 PM.
· Occasional travel (15%) for business & training, possibly to international locations.
· Occasionally walk, stand, or stoop and be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 25 pounds.
· Often drive and evaluate a prototype test car as part of the TCC test driver pool.Commonly sit at a desk or table.
Apply on company website