Washington University in St. Louis is seeking a Board Certified/Eligible Geriatrician to serve as an Assistant Program Director (APD) for their geriatric fellowship training program.
The ideal candidate will qualify at the rank of Instructor or Assistant Professor. In addition, experience/expertise in academic education, ACGME regulations, and curriculum development across a wide variety of learners is desirable.
- Outpatient primary care practice in west county suburban St. Louis
- Mentoring, training, and teaching opportunities to eventually become Program Director of the geriatric fellowship program
- Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including excellent retirement plan
- On call from home once every eight weeks
- College tuition benefit
- Clinic housed within a senior community with access to therapy, an older adult educational series and exercise classes.
- Educating the next generation of primary care physicians
- Access to geriatric teaching conferences through the Division
- Ample opportunities for professional development, leadership, quality improvement, community service, and mentoring.
Washington University School of Medicine/Barnes Jewish Hospital
- Washington University School of Medicine (WUSM) is consistently recognized as one of the leading medical schools in the nation
- WUSM has 1,200 full-time faculty members and receives approximately $400 million dollars in NIH grant support annually.
- The medical school and BJH hospital are ranked #11 in US News and World report and Geriatrics is ranked #18 in 2022.
St. Louis, Missouri
- The St. Louis area is known for its diverse restaurants, cultural amenities and low cost of living.
- St. Louis is also home to prestigious universities (Washington University, St. Louis University, Webster University and more), two professional sports teams – St. Louis Blues (NHL) and Cardinals (MLB), and Forest Park, one of the largest municipal parks in the U.S.
- St Louis is also known for the St. Louis Art Museum, world-famous St. Louis Zoo, MUNY Opera outdoor theater, Missouri History Museum, the Science Museum, St. Louis Symphony Orchestra and the National Blues and Chess Museums.
Contact: Dr. David Carr, MD Clinical Director of Geriatrics and Nutritional Science
c/o Courtney Nwizugha, Division of Geriatrics & Nutritional Science
314.286.2909 or Nwizugha@wustl.edu
WU is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website