Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Waste Management Energy Services offers a variety of oilfield related services throughout the U.S. shale plays. WM Energy Services excels in providing a safe work environment and the top-notch customer service our clients expect. Start your career with a company that has the resources and reputation to provide its employees with growth opportunity and a stable career. We are immediately seeking professionals who have experience working in the oil and gas industry, are safety focused, and customer-oriented. Join WM Energy Services and be a part North America's leading environmental solutions team by applying today!
We need this person to be based in the Permian Basin area, ideally in Midland or Odessa, TX.
I. Job Summary
Presents the full line of WM Energy Services to prospective WM customers, or assigned area of responsibility. Manages existing revenues and develops revenue opportunities within an established geographical territory. Meets or exceeds individual sales goals for new business with Oil and Gas customers.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Effectively utilizes, coordinates and cultivates relationships with internal and external customers. Interacts and works cohesively with the other internal team members.
- Achieves or exceeds budgeted revenue goals for Oil and Gas customers in assigned sales territory.
- Maintains existing customer relationships; identifies new waste opportunities and customers. Targets and closes event business opportunities.
- Tracks mobile rig operations, anticipates and responds to changing service requirements, and coordinates with WM Operations as drilling rigs are moved from place to place.
- Drives pre-tax profits through innovative pricing and contracting strategies.
- Develops comprehensive sales plan for assigned territory in conjunction with division sales plan and goals.
- Works in tandem with Technical Service Representatives to assist customers in every aspect of waste disposal process. This includes but is not limited to: waste profiling, proposal preparation, pricing, contracting, and providing regulatory updates.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of Oil and Gas waste generating process, state Oil and Gas specific regulations, and hazardous waste regulations (RCRA, TSCA, CERCLA).
- Effectively position and differentiate WM from other competitors.
- Demonstrates superior sales and organizational skills.
- Identifies local market dynamics and defines and implements basic countermeasures to offset competitive campaigns, pricing deterioration, and/or changes to regulatory drivers.
- Leads communication in developing custom invoices to meet customer expectations and assists in receiving any required customer invoice approvals along with assisting in collecting receivables within contracted time period.
- Communicates competitive and market information to management to assist in business unit planning and strategies.
- Maintains firm adherence to the management and control of confidential information.
- Provides monthly sales reports, commissions, and expenses on a timely basis.
- Attends sales meetings and training classes as deemed appropriate.
- Performs special projects and other tasks as assigned by Sales Manager.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and respond to customer callouts on a routine basis
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four (4) years of relevant work experience in the Oil and Gas industry.
- Experience: Three (3) years in direct business-to-business energy services sales, business-to-business cold calling, and phone-based business-to-business prospecting resulting in successfully obtaining customer appointments (in addition to education requirement).
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) part of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) regularly;
- Required to go on location to oil rigs and other types of facilities where fire resistant PPE must be worn due to the hazards that exist in those environments
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
- Required regular and frequent travel alone to remote, off-road locations and very rough terrain with appointments that may occur during and after normal business hours in good and bad weather due to the 7x24x365 continuous operation of oil and gas drill sites.
- Normal setting for this job is: outside sales, vehicle-based and/or office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
I understand that applying to this job indicates that I have the legal right to work in the United States. I agree to perform physical duties of this position as outlined in the job with or without reasonable accommodations. I understand that if offered the position, I will be required to pass a drug screen.
Apply on company website