Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Waste Management has an exciting opportunity for an Engineer I to work at the high volume Fairless Hills landfill complex in Morrisville, PA. This is a great opportunity for an engineer with a degree in environmental or civil engineering who is willing to be developed.
I. Job Summary
Performs basic engineering techniques and procedures.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Uses prescribed methods and performs portions of a broader assignment which requires the application of advanced engineering techniques and procedures in support of an engineering department.
- Applies standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjusts and correlates data, recognizes discrepancies in results and follows operations through a series of related detailed steps or processes.
- Reviews data and prepares recommendations, summaries, and cost estimates for consideration by senior engineers or managers.
- Utilizes basic engineering skill-set to assist more senior engineers.
- Writes technical reports to document engineering analysis and findings.
- Conducts feasibility studies for proposed equipment and systems. May assist senior engineer in reviewing design and development plans and/or cost estimates for completing the proposed projects and evaluates engineering proposals and specifications.
- May act as a liaison with customer and vendor representatives to ensure adherence to design specification and customer requirements.
- Conducts on-site technical visits. Monitors field installation and testing. Reviews and evaluates operational efficiency of equipment and systems at various facilities.
- Act as a project manager over the contracts and oversee the sub-contractors for year round construction projects.
- Manage the capital and budget
- Reporting responsibilities will include: capital roll-up, some DEP reporting and construction meeting minutes
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's degree (accredited) in Environmental or Civil Engineering preferred, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four years of relevant work experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Ability to manage a contract
- Ability to perform calculations for reporting
- Ability to manage a budget preferred but not required
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting at landfill
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
I understand that applying to this job indicates that I have the legal right to work in the United States. I agree to perform physical duties of this position as outlined in the job with or without reasonable accommodations. I understand that if offered the position, I will be required to pass a drug screen.
Apply on company website