Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Coordinates all onsite activities at client location in relation to the storage, transportation and disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous wastes and other related services following federal, state & local regulations. Serves as liaison between client and vendors in relation to service issues. Maintains pre-established standards for safety and environmental issues. May travel up to 40% of the time, including international travel.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Coordinate logistics for transportation of hazardous waste, universal waste and non-hazardous waste from client site including profiling, scheduling, manifesting and physically loading bulk and drum loads.
- Ensure compliance with client and government regulations by performing necessary inspections and reporting. Resolve all issues in a timely manner.
- Assist with client and vendor financial obligations including invoicing, reporting and contracts.
- Promote culture of safety by ensuring site personnel are properly trained to perform assigned duties and comply with safety, environmental, federal, state and local regulations.
- Some light project estimating and invoicing.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of supervisory employees. This includes:
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Associate's Degree (accredited) in Environmental Sciences, Accounting, Business or related field, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and two (2) years of hazardous waste management experience.
- Experience: One (1) year of hazardous waste management experience (in addition to the education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- RCRA and DOT regulatory compliance experience required
- 24-hour HAZWOPER certification (or equivalent) or the ability to obtain such within 30 days of employment.
- Manifesting and profiling hazardous and non-hazardous waste experience required
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Customer Focused
- An entrepreneurial skill set is highly valued with the ability to creatively achieve stretch goals and provide new services and value to existing customers.
- Team oriented
- Creative problem solving and innovative thinker
- Effective and concise communication
- Adept decision making
- Strategic thinking
- Strong leadership and relationship building skills
- Strong business acumen and financial knowledge
- Self-motivated and directed with a keen sense of urgency to deliver results
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects up to 50 pounds most of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the work day;
- Normal setting for this job is: indoor and outdoor with frequent visits to sites.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
I understand that applying to this job indicates that I have the legal right to work in the United States. I agree to perform physical duties of this position as outlined in the job with or without reasonable accommodations. I understand that if offered the position, I will be required to pass a drug screen.
Apply on company website