Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Super strength, strong skills and ready to make green your thing?
stability. great pay. Advancement.
The Opportunity: Do you love working on machines? Do you want to work with the latest technologies and modern practices? Are you looking to build your career? Start your career today and join the Waste Management team as a Senior Heavy Equipment Mechanic. You'll work on equipment that requires a high level of skill: hydraulics, electrical and diagnostics. You'll perform preventative maintenance services and inspect, diagnose, repair and rebuild vehicles and equipment. Keep reading to learn if you're a fit for our team and more about Waste Management's outstanding benefits program.
The Location: San Jose, CA
Some Basic Requirements:
· 6 years of prior Heavy Equipment diesel maintenance experience, mechanical experience and perform work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs)
· Repairs as needed equipment (including, but not limited to, bulldozers, scrapers, backhoes, front end loaders, yard trucks, farm tractors, forklifts, and company cars).
· Diagnoses and repairs differentials, hydraulic systems, motors, transmissions, drives, air conditioning systems, and electrical systems.
· Experience with diagnostic software such as CAT ET or Cummins Insite
· Possess skills in operating tools, equipment, parts and procedures in dealing with yellow iron repairs
· Valid Driver's License and must have a clean driving record.
· Computer proficiency in order to use fleet maintenance software program.
· Work schedule can include evenings, overnights and Saturdays. Overtime can be assigned during heavy workloads.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY? WE INVEST IN YOU!
We'll provide you with a competitive salary and a top-notch benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability. You can participate in our Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), a fantastic company match on 401K, and more! You'll also receive Paid Vacation and Holidays.
The Company: Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
READY TO SUCCEED?
Don't delay and apply today at www.careers.wm.com
I understand that applying to this job indicates that I have the legal right to work in the United States. I agree to perform physical duties of this position as outlined in the job with or without reasonable accommodations. I understand that if offered the position, I will be required to pass a drug screen.
Apply on company website