Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
After applying please watch out for an email from Montage requesting that you complete a recorded phone interview. If you do not see the email please search your spam folder for “Montage”
I. Job Summary
Manages employees and activities of the human resources department.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Plans, manages and coordinates various HR functions and organizes and schedules all necessary resources required to accomplish activities.
- Recruits, interviews, and selects employees to fill vacant positions.
- Plans and coordinates new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
- Coordinates record of insurance coverage, 401(k) plan, and personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations
- Coordinates safety and health requirements and compliance, including safety committee, safety training and preparing reports for insurance carrier.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Prepares reports and recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
- Represents organization at personnel related hearings and investigations.
- Contracts with outside suppliers to provide employee services, such as relocation service.
- Conducts training on company policy issues, and other issues as they arise.
- Counsels employees and other managers on various employee relation issues.
- Keeps records of hired employee characteristics for governmental reporting purposes.
- Maintains technical knowledge and a current awareness of new HR developments and techniques.
- Submits reasonable budget information and analyzes data versus year-to-date data and prior year budget.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of ________ full-time employees, including:
- Indirect supervision of ________ full-time employees.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) in Human Resources, Business Administration or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: 7 years of relevant work experience (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job may include one or more of the following: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Apply on company website