Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
To enable our business to expand our lead in a market increasingly enhanced by technology, Waste Management is undertaking a substantial technology transformation. We are seeking talented Information Technology professionals to join the Waste Management team who are motivated to help us transform the way we design, build and use technology. With your skills and experience, we look for you to combine your technical expertise with industry best practices in an effort to align information technology solutions with Waste Management business strategy.
I. Job Summary
Under general supervision, conducts moderately complex quality assurance tests and analysis to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements. Performs intermediate development and execution of test cases.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Other ancillary duties may be assigned.
- Drafts and revises moderately complex testing documentation (including conditions and scripts).
- Executes moderately complex tests according to established plans and scripts, documents problems in an issue log, and retests software corrections to ensure problems are resolved.
- Creates test data files with valid and invalid records to thoroughly test program logic and verify system flow.
- Identifies, recommends and implements changes to enhance the effectiveness of quality assurance strategies.
- Assists in planning and scheduling testing.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) in Computer Science, MIS, or similar area of study, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Three years of relevant work experience (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Intermediate knowledge or skills in one or more of the following is required:
- Proficient in all aspects of the software development lifecycle in a structured environment and can work with very little direct supervision in a team environment.
- Hands-on experience in developing QA plans and test cases
- QA methodologies, procedures, and documentation
- Quality Center software processes and procedures
- Quick Test Pro (QTP) automation experience
- Knowledge and understanding of project planning
- Communication skills
- Can write effective test plans and understands test strategy and project risk, particularly from a quality perspective
- Provides functional, business process and technical testing services for all software and business process development projects, and externally developed projects, from initiation through to implementation
D. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities that Contribute to Success
- May require intermediate skills in one or more of the following:
- Web application development, imaging technology.
- Subject matter knowledge of general business operations (HR, Finance).
- Various databases, applications, and technologies including but not limited to: Peoplesoft, SQL, AS400, Toad, Visual Basic, web applications and Cloud Computing, CRM, SalesForce, ETL, Informatica, GIS, GPS, ESP, and other reporting tools
- Is highly motivated, proactive, and a great team communicator
- Judgment skills are needed to assess high-risk areas of an application on which to focus testing efforts when time is limited
- Database testing, Load / Performance Testing, Security Testing
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Apply on company website