Why work for Waste Management?
STABILITY. GREAT PAY. ADVANCEMENT
Do you feel like your career isn't moving in the right direction? Do you want to work for a company that promotes and helps you develop your career? Are you looking for an outstanding benefits package? Join the Waste Management team to take your career to the next level. In this position, you'll be an Inventory and Warranty Coordinator, ensuring inventory and warranty objectives are being met. Waste Management recognizes employees for hard work through competitive pay, great benefits, rewards and opportunities for growth.
***Hours are 6:45am – 3:15pm****
Why should you apply? We invest in you!
- Competitive Pay
- Industry-leading health insurance
- Paid vacation after 90 days
- 401(K) with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Employee Discount programs
- An opportunity to work with an empowering workforce and career advancement
About the Job
Conducts inventory assessments for collection site and ensures that site's truck parts inventory and warranties are updated. Manages inventory by utilizing online systems and best management practices. Assist manager and shop personnel with inventory needs and financial tracking. Meets company compliance standards with purchase orders and service work needs.
What Does it Take to Be an Inventory & Warranty Coordinator?
Below are the minimum qualifications to be a fit for this job.
· High school diploma or GED
· 1-2 years of Warranty and Inventory experience
· Proficient in MS office programs and Inventory software
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Creates purchase order for parts and materials utilizing both a maintenance ordering system and catalog ordering system.
- Files and monitors records for shop environmental regulations, technician learning and qualifications, DOT record keeping, and other records pertaining to shop facilities.
- Assist Fleet Manager with financial forecasting and reconciliation using spreadsheet templates.
- Enter third party service orders into maintenance tracking system.
- Track and flag repair orders for warranty purposes as needed.
- Establishes inventory minimums and maximums for site, as determined by Market Area Fleet policy.
- Identifies overstocked, low usage items, and obsolete inventory.
- Negotiates the lowest cost, highest yield option for purging low usage or obsolete inventory from site.
- Coordinates and arranges stock transfers between sites and other Market Areas.
- Responsible for overall stockroom organization.
Work Environment / Physical Demands
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
- Normal setting for this job is an office setting.
About our Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, "Apply” today!
Waste Management (WM) is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply on company website