Why work for Waste Management?
STABILITY. GREAT PAY. ADVANCEMENT
Do you feel like your career isn't moving in the right direction? Do you want to work for a company that promotes and helps you develop your career? Are you looking for an outstanding benefits package? Join the Waste Management team to take your career to the next level. In this position, you'll operate heavy equipment, conduct equipment inspections and perform preventative equipment maintenance. Waste Management recognizes employees for hard work through competitive pay, great benefits, rewards and opportunities for growth.
Why should you apply? We invest in you!
- Competitive Pay
- Industry-leading health insurance
- Yearly boot allowance, uniforms, safety vests and protective eye wear
- Paid vacation after 90 days
- 401(K) with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Employee Discount programs
- An opportunity to work with an empowering workforce and career advancement
About the Job
Operates a front-end loader that performs the spreading and compaction of commercial and residential recycled materials disposed at the post collection facilities.
What Does it Take to Be a Front-end Loader Operator?
Below are the minimum qualifications to be a fit for this job.
- One (1) year previous work experience
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Yard dog/Spotter experience preferred
- High school diploma and/or GED (preferred)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Operates a font-end loader in compliance with the company operating safety policies and procedures.
- Conducts routine equipment inspections and preventative maintenance on equipment; maintains accurate records
- Moves and positions raw materials and finished components with use of front-end loader.
- Follow appropriate standard operating procedures as guideline for operating and maintaining vehicle
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 50 pounds occasionally;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the work day;
- Normal setting for this job is: shop or field.
About our Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, "Apply” today!
Waste Management (WM) is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply on company website