Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Supervises and provides direct leadership for technicians. Manages work flow and assigns tasks.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of employees in the maintenance shop with over 176 pieces of equipment.
- Coordinates and supervises all maintenance work and repairs, and monitors progress and quality.
- Reviews driver repairs and other maintenance requests, and prepares work order documents.
- Performs mechanical duties as needed.
- Monitors inventory of replacement parts and restocks as needed.
- Oversees personnel including coaching, training, evaluating employee performance, and conducting disciplinary action as needed. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Interprets and ensures consistent application of organizational policies and safety regulations.
- Creates and submits reports as necessary.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of non-supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of 15 full-time employees including: mechanics, technicians, clerks.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited).
- Experience: Four (4) years of relevant work experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Maintenance and repairs skills, and supervisory experience may be required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Normal setting for this job is shop.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Apply on company website