Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Scalehouse Attendant + the Leader in the Waste Industry
A Winning Team!
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY? WE INVEST IN YOU!
We'll provide you with a competitive salary and a top-notch benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability. You can participate in our Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), a fantastic company match on 401K, and more! You'll also receive Paid Vacation and Holidays.
ALL = BIG rewards, APPLY TODAY, we have a career home for your
Job Duties: The scalehouse attendant serves as the first point of contact for customers depositing waste at a Waste Management Facility; they calculate payments, checks loads, and ensure the safety of the customer and other employees through observation of safety rules and regulations. Candidate must be comfortable working in the elements and working in outdoor environment, flexible with the scheduling, have customer service experience, cash handling experience and be able to diffuse situations professionally. Scalehouse attendants work in a very fast paced environment often processing 400-500 transactions/day. Must have experience computer skills and experience with cash/credit/account transactions, Excel, Outlook, and credit card machine.
Opening shift 5:45am to 2:15am, closing shift 7:45am to 4:15pm depending on when last customer leaves (rotation between both scalehouse attendants) Monday through Saturday.
Must be willing to work in both San Jose and Morgan Hill locations. Scheduling is done for the month and attendants will cover are covering one site for the month, opening or closing: determined by supervisor.
You will have:
A High School Diploma or G.E.D (accredited).
Customer service experience
Knowledge in using MS Outlook, MS Excel and experience using computer programs.
Experience with cash and credit card handling or previous experience working with or being responsible for a till.
Require to walk out and measure loads, use a ladder to do load checks, mostly standing. Take readings by scalehouse or on top of landfill, 45 minutes in the morning (alternating between the two attendants)
Look forward to using your expertise in this manner:
- Greets customers, directs customers and other traffic, and answers questions accurately.
- Correctly calculates payments for customers.
- Ensures that incoming garbage loads are safe and do not contain any inappropriate material.
- Ensures that customers and employees conduct all business in a safe manner and wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Provides general upkeep of the Scale House.
- Completes all administrative tasks including regular filing and completes required reports.
- Keeps immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention.
- Attends company sponsored training and meetings as directed.
- Works overtime as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including data entry and minor customer service responsibilities.
- Approaches all encounters with employees, customers and vendors in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
Don't delay, apply today!
Apply on company website