Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Your contribution to the N. CA Management Team:
Manages the day-to-day operations of the District and provides daily support to managers in ensuring quality and budget performance.
- Monitors budget and operating metrics while diagnosing and improving processes, procedures, and performance.
- Executes the Market's strategic capital budget, ensuring effective use of the budget through asset allocation; ensures appropriate spare ratios and asset disposal.
- Establishes the site inclusive strategy across all lines of business, creating synergies that lead to improved performance and increased revenue.
- Executes necessary precautions to ensure safety and compliance with Company, OSHA, and other standards and regulations.
- Ensures thorough root cause investigations for all injuries and incidents, following-up with consistent discipline and retraining.
- Oversees personnel needs of the department including selecting, coaching, disciplining, and training employees and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Formulates both short-term and long-term goals and action plans in conjunction with the Market Area General Manager and/or Director of Operations.
- Participates in regular P&L reviews to ensure that budgets are met; develops and implements programs for optimal equipment utilization, equipment maintenance, and labor and material costs.
- Interacts with local city, municipal, and county agencies to ensure customer satisfaction, improve efficiency, renew contracts and negotiate new contracts; establishes WM as a good corporate citizen and valued resource.
- Engages suppliers in problem solving and participates in suppliers' improvement processes by providing performance feedback on supplier surveys.
- Minimizes the total number of suppliers used by working with Supplier Partners to eliminate/reduce the number of one-time suppliers.
- Works with functional groups to resolve compliance, safety and employee relations and labor relations issues.
What you need to be successful:
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of supervisory employees. This includes, direct and indirect supervision of 200+ full-time employees, including 22 Managers and 150+ hourly employees, to include, Operations Specialist, Sorters, Baler Operators, Heavy Equipment Operators, etc.
Requires dotted line supervision of Safety, Environmental Protection personnel, and indirect management of all compliance and external
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
Education and Experience :
Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) or High School Diploma or GED (accredited) AND 4 years of relevant work experience.
Valid drivers license with no restrictions
Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
Experience in a position involving at least 4 of the following: operations, customer service, community relations, health and safety, financial, and human resources function, experience as a leader and manager of supervisors and individual contributors; experience managing compliance with state and federal environmental, water and air quality requirements, experience implementing safety (OSHA) programs and equipment specifications, experience preparing and managing budgets, project management, and experience resolving labor relations issues required.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Normal setting for this job is: office setting
- Mobility including traversing walkways, stairs
- Lift 25 pounds
- Travel on public transportation, including air, motor vehicles, etc.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
I understand that applying to this job indicates that I have the legal right to work in the United States. I agree to perform physical duties of this position as outlined in the job with or without reasonable accommodations. I understand that if offered the position, I will be required to pass a drug screen.
Apply on company website