Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Manages and provides daily leadership for container facility while maintaining company service and safety standards.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Provides day-to-day supervision and support to facility staff.
- Assigns duties and organizes and schedules all necessary resources required to accomplish activities.
- Purchases or oversees purchasing of materials, and compiles financial information for the purchase of capital assets.
- Schedules delivery of containers and coordinates swaps of containers.
- Monitors and evaluates departmental performance and productivity, identifies operational issues and process improvements, and implements strategies to improve performance.
- Communicates and enforces company policies and procedures and all safety programs.
- Oversees personnel needs of the department including coaching, training, discipline, and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Determines training needs and provides training to new and/or lesser experienced employees.
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of non-supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of _ full-time employees including: mechanics, welders, drivers/operators, technicians.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited).
- Experience: Four (4) years of relevant work experience (in addition to education requirement).
- None required.
- Production, procurement, equipment repair, transfer station, technical, mechanical, safety, and environmental skills, and supervisory/management skills required.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or landfill/outdoor.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Apply on company website