Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary The Territory Manager (TM) generates shareholder value by using a consultative selling approach in prospecting new customers and retaining current WM Customers in the Small/Medium Business (SMB) commercial segment. The TM manages acquisition and retention of SMB customers and prospects through face-to-face interactions in an assigned territory or segment. The TM manages existing business relationships focused on achieving budgeted retention goals by developing and implementing sound retention strategies, utilizing strong negotiation efforts to preserve business, and securing and updating contract agreements from WM customers as well as growing revenues from existing customers. The TM is also responsible for prospecting and closing to achieve budgeted sales goals by developing and implementing sound selling strategies that ensure revenue growth by selling to new customers. The role of the TM is to maintain a net positive business performance in the commercial space through prospecting, proactive outreach, account retention and revenue protection efforts to maintain a mutually beneficial alignment between the prospect or customer and the WM's growth goals.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
Customer & Prospect interaction, response & follow up
- Serve as the lead point of contact for prospect & customer account management matters in an assigned book of business, establish and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction with internal and external customers, and build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Align Waste Management products and services with customer & prospect needs, propose solutions that are compliant with appropriate local, state and federal regulations, and increase account penetration through consultative selling skills
- Increase revenue and profitability by executing sound plans on prospecting and retention visits to improve the prospects' and customers' service and/or profitability
- Effectively manage sales pipelines by developing sound marketing plans and maintaining key information in prospect database
- Negotiate, update, and/or renew customer service agreements to maximize profits by providing ongoing education of contract details and use of strong negotiation skills
- Resolve challenging customer requests, reduce lost accounts by diffusing cancellation requests, and collaborate with Retention Sales Manager to resolve all customer escalations or issues
- Communicate rates, charges and service strategies with conviction as well as understand and effectively use customer incentives and concessions within appropriate profit targets and level of authority
- Collaborate with sales management to identify and grow opportunities within territory and engage additional WM business opportunities, referring internally as appropriate
- Meets or exceeds sales call activity goals activities to generate new sales opportunities
- Acquire in-depth industry and company knowledge to prepare complex proposals and make recommendations on equipment optimization and leasing options.
- Use Waste Management sales productivity software tools accurately and consistently (i.e. Salesforce.com/Customer Relationship Management and Pricing Tools)
- Prepare reports as needed and/or handle general administrative duties as appropriate
IV. Qualifications The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited)
- Experience: Three (3) years of business to business account management experience at a proficient level
- None required.
- Ability to effectively convert customer cancellation requests
- Ability to effectively build relationships
- Ability to set goals
- Proficient in time management
- Proficient in computer skills
- High impact communication
- Planning and organization
- Ability to negotiate effectively
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
- Normal setting for this job is an office setting.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Apply on company website