Thank you for your interest in Waste Management. In response to COVID-19, we will be conducting our review process through creative solutions. Your patience and flexibility is appreciated as our process may involve virtual solutions and take longer than normal. Interview process and timing may be delayed and will vary by site.
Training and Business Optimization Coach
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
The role of the Coach is a pivotal role to provide business expertise and solutions to our unique and complex business challenges. This position will work with site leadership to train route managers, fleet managers and other associates on Best Practices and other Corporate Initiatives. These initiatives are more specifically pertaining to routing, dispatch and fleet maintenance.
As the Coach your primary goal is to improve productivity and performance of the teams.
This position is a remote position and will travel 100% of the time. It is highly preferred that you are located near a major airport.
This is an 18-24 month position. Upon completion, relocation within the U.S. will most likely be required, with the intention of applying to a leadership role.
I. Job Summary
Recognized across the organization for business expertise and sought as a resource for resolution of unique or complex business problem and the development of solutions for new business opportunities. Provides the high level of business expertise while conducting complex business process analyses, needs assessments, and preliminary cost/benefit analyses in an effort to align business solutions with the company strategy and initiatives. Undertakes highly complex projects requiring additional specialized business knowledge and decision making that will influence others across the company to adopt newly re-engineered processes into Waste Management business units.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the assigned essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned and duties may vary by department.
-Works with management, and individual team leaders by contributing strategic vison and integrating a broad range of ideas regarding business solutions development.
-Coordinates and integrates multiple enterprise solutions projects with a large scope and complexity in an environment for business change.
-Contributes high level expertise in business processes and systems analysis while considering the business implications to the current and future business environment.
-Responsible for deliverables, cost, schedule and quality of one or more enterprise solutions projects.
-Plans projects, allocates and directs less experienced staff and other resources to accomplish project tasks and maintain control over the project(s).
-Works with internal and external customers, suppliers and other partners to resolve problems, respond to suggestions for improvement and enhancements, test, refine and institutionalize solutions.
-Drives the project(s) and the organization toward achieving business results.
-May act as a source of direction, training and guidance for less experienced staff demonstrating coaching, mentoring, and leadership skills
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no direct reports, but may occasionally be responsible for delegating assignments and tasks on a project basis. Also, may be assigned coaching/mentoring tasks to help develop less experienced team members.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited), or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: 5 years of relevant work experience (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities That Contribute to Success
- Effective communicator with the ability to lead and influence others.
D. Key Competencies
- Aligning Performance for Success – Focusing and guiding others in accomplishing work objectives.
- Building Partnerships – Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one's area and other areas, teams, departments, units or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Building Trust – Interacting with others in a way that give them confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization.
- Coaching and Developing Others – Providing feedback, instruction and development guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities; planning and supporting the development of individual skills and abilities.
- Decision Making – Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Facilitating Change – Encouraging others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities; facilitating the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
- High-Impact Communication – Clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups in a variety of situations; communicating in a focused and compelling way that drives others' thoughts and actions.
- Planning and Organizing – Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Strategic Decision Making – Obtaining information and identifying key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; committing to a course of action to accomplish a long-range goal or vision after developing alternatives based on logical assumptions, facts, available resources, constraints, and organizational values.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is an office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Apply on company website