Ready to Develop your Career?
STABILITY. GREAT PAY. ADVANCEMENT
Join the Waste Management team today. You'll develop a career focused on positive change and advancement. You'll be part of a dynamic team, grow as a leader, and earn amazing benefits. Waste Management: It's not trash; it's a dependable job you can make into a career.
Why should you apply? We invest in you!
We'll provide you with a competitive salary and a top-notch benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability. You can participate in our Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), a fantastic company match on 401K, and more! You'll also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days.
About the Job
As a 2nd Shift Fleet Manager at Waste Management you'll prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment managing all fleet and maintenance activities. You'll lead a team of six employees, overseeing budgets, vendors, suppliers, contractors in a maintenance setting. Your knowledge of heavy-duty trucks will allow you to understand service-related issues, maintain high standards in maintenance settings and ensure all safety standards are being upheld.
What Does It Take to Be a Fleet Manager?
Below are the minimum qualifications to be a fit for this job.
- Bachelor's degree and three (3) years relevant work experience in transportation, logistics or solid waste operations or a high school diploma (GED) and six (6) years relevant work experience
- Experienced managing a fleet and employees
- Valid driver's license
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Continually focuses on achieving market base profitability through effective management of all fleet and maintenance activities within the assigned area, including cost control, employee development, and high training and safety standards.
- Ensures safe and reliable vehicles are available to meet operational requirements.
- Manages effective utilization of vehicle assets.
- Conducts fleet evaluations to ensure maintenance standards are met.
- Ensures maintenance shops are adequately staffed and mechanics are properly trained.
- Ensures vehicle management systems are effectively utilized.
- Complies with and ensures adherence to Waste Management's Mission to Zero standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient operations.
- Assists in budget process as required.
- Ensures the cleanliness and maintenance of the maintenance shops through regular inspections and preventive maintenance programs.
- Oversees personnel needs of the department including selecting, coaching, disciplining, and training employees and evaluating employee performance.
- Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Conducts and/or attends and contributes to periodic driver/safety meetings to maintain favorable working relationships among all employees and promote maximum morale, productivity, and efficiency.
- Provides training and presentations as needed in a positive and professional manner.
- Updates and submits required reports in a timely manner.
Work Environment / Physical Demand
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Normal setting for this job is: shop or office.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, "Apply” today!
Waste Management (WM) is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply on company website