At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo's more than 70 million global customers.
This Apps Systems Engineer 5 position provides an opportunity to work in the Enterprise Content Management area at Wells Fargo. This selected candidate will utilize their strong DB development background for analyzing business requirements, and designing, developing, and implementing highly efficient/scalable ETL and reporting processes. The job requires a big-picture view of the application architecture and data, and the person in this position will provide technical leadership in channeling development to achieve the best possible solutions - ETL, reporting, and analytical process around those goals.
- Researching, evaluating options, and recommending the most efficient and cost effective solutions for the system design.
- Data profiling as well as SQL and database tuning/optimization. Designing ETL, audit control and scheduling processes.
- Writing T-SQL queries, complex procedures, and functions to perform database tasks.
- Working with other teams to research and interpret requirements and technical specifications.
- Developing detailed design documents and test plans in collaboration with developers on the team, and other stakeholders.
- Developing test/implementation strategy and conducting appropriate functional and performance tests to identify and resolve process bottlenecks and data quality issues.
- Supporting dashboard and related application development processes: gathering requirements, providing feedback on proposed designs, and acceptance testing.
- Completing projects on time including development, maintenance, and support activities to maintain the application system.
- Assuring quality, security, and compliance requirements are met, and overseeing updating and testing of the business continuity plan.
- Conducting development team meetings and project team meetings as needed and providing feedback on estimates for development efforts.
- Providing an escalation point for off-hour and holiday/weekend support during deployments or other critical activities.
- Completing other day to day activities, primarily focused on development tasks, monitoring jobs, data analysis, etc.
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 7+ years of MS SQL server experience
- 7+ years of T-SQL (Transact-SQ) experience
- 7+ years of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) experience
- 7 + years of PowerShell scripting experience
- 5+ years of business intelligence experience
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Technical leadership skills, and good understanding of team dynamics
- Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Wells Fargo or financial industry experience
- .Net and/or J2EE development experience
- Front-end development experience
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Apply on company website