Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website.
Market Job Description
This role within EMEA Compliance is to provide advice and support to enable multiple Wholesale Banking business lines to meet their regulatory obligations.
- Act as a trusted advisor to the EMEA Private Side businesses on all regulatory compliance issues in EMEA, focused primarily on conduct and governance requirements.
- Pro-actively manage conflicts and other conduct risks, advising business partners and Senior Management on how to manage such conflicts and risks.
- Work closely with the EMEA Control Group in ensuring information flows are managed and the appropriate segregations are in place.
- Timely and accurate regulatory advice concerning UK and US banking regulation impacting EMEA lines of business.
- Work with US Compliance partners to support the management of conflicts associated with the Wholesale businesses internationally.
- In conjunction with the EMEA Central Compliance team ensure there is a fit for purpose compliance programme designed to support the EMEA Private Side businesses, which is aligned to the Wells Fargo Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Policy.
- Advise the EMEA Regulatory Development and Policy team on the drafting of policies and procedures and provide writing support where required.
- Recommend and act as an advocate for developing improved surveillance concerning the Private Side businesses and in general support the development of Conflicts of Interest identification and management in EMEA.
- Assist with the roll out of a Compliance Monitoring programme across the Private Sides Lines of Business.
- Provide compliance expertise in identification of regulatory risks associated with the EMEA Private Side businesses, assessing controls and reporting on effectiveness of controls to ensure compliance with UK, EMEA and US regulatory and internal policy requirements.
- Advise the Regional Testing team on key risks and priorities for review.
- Provide Regulatory Compliance training where required to Private Side Team Members and act as an SME in respect of related Conduct issues within EMEA Regulatory Compliance.
- Assist in the management of internal, external audit and regulatory examinations.
- Advise the EMEA Private Side businesses on forthcoming regulation.
- Support the implementation of regulatory change programmes that impact EMEA Private Side businesses.
Escalation and Management
- Identify critical partners and pro-actively develop relationships across Wells Fargo to ensure positive outcomes for the control environment impacting the EMEA Private Side businesses.
- Identify and offer strategic solutions to improve Regulatory Compliance for the EMEA Private Side businesses.
- Escalate issues concerning the EMEA Private Side businesses to Senior Management in EMEA.
- Prepare reporting for relevant Boards and Committees and present at those meetings where required.
- Work with the Senior Compliance Management in addressing any issues arising from FCA and other regulatory examinations concerning Conflicts of Interest and other regulatory issues associated within the EMEA Private Side businesses.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Education / Experience - Educated to degree level, ideally with Regulatory Compliance Advisory background gained at a top tier investment bank (private side product knowledge is required).
- Regulatory knowledge – Good knowledge of UK banking regulation.
- Product knowledge –Sound product knowledge in respect of Private side investment banking and banking lines of business.
- Global Outlook - Ability to work in global teams across multiple regions including EMEA.
- Team working and Leadership - Track record of working collaboratively across multiple business lines and with stakeholders and colleagues at all levels but also of taking the lead as needs dictate.
- Communication – excellent interpersonal, communication (written and presentation) skills.
- Drive – a self-starter who is proactive and with a demonstrated ability to drive through regulatory change
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Apply on company website