Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website.
Market Job Description
Main function of the job:
Wells Fargo has a new and exciting opportunity for an experienced Compliance Officer to join the EMEA Compliance Team to assist with the development of the EMEA Compliance Surveillance function.
The EMEA Compliance team covers Wells Fargo team members and Lines of Business in the Wells Fargo Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region. Within EMEA, Wells Fargo's activities include Investment Banking, including Sales and Trading across multiple products, Corporate Finance, M&A and Capital Markets, Corporate and Commercial Banking, Transaction Banking and Asset Management.
The key purpose of the role is to help develop an implementation plan to enhance, perform and maintain Compliance surveillance on behalf of EMEA Compliance across all EMEA lines of business. The role includes trade, communications and voice surveillance across all Wells Fargo lines of business in EMEA.
The role will require an individual with experience gained at a large multi-national investment bank, including a good understanding of regulatory expectations around surveillance and experience of developing and implementing Compliance surveillance programmes.
This role will report to the Head of EMEA Private Side Advisory Compliance.
(Note: In addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required)
About the Team
The EMEA Compliance department at Wells Fargo consists of Advisory Compliance (Asset Management, Markets, and Private Side), Country Compliance teams and Central Compliance teams, together with a Compliance COO team
- Responsible for developing an implementation plan to enhance, perform and maintain Compliance surveillance across EMEA for all business lines, including trade, communications and voice surveillance. Work undertaken to date has included a current state assessment, gap analysis against regulatory requirements and expectations and a comprehensive risk assessment.
- Surveillance to be focused on the oversight of adherence of applicable UK, EMEA and US regulations, particularly those concerning Conduct of Business and Market Abuse as well as the FCA's broader Conduct agenda.
- Engagement in business change initiatives ensuring surveillance requirements are identified and addressed.
- Support Compliance Testing and Internal Audit and where appropriate take responsibility for addressing corrective action plans in respect of Compliance surveillance.
- Develop relationships with International and US surveillance teams and leverage resource within Wells Fargo to enhance the proposed surveillance programme.
- Liaise with APAC, Canada and LatAm Compliance as required to assist with the development of a Compliance Surveillance programme for Wells Fargo's international operations.
- Identify opportunities to enhance existing surveillance processes and recommend areas for improvement.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Education / Experience - Educated to degree level, with significant Compliance Surveillance experience background gained at a top tier investment bank.
- Regulatory knowledge – Good knowledge of UK and EMEA regulations and expectations of regulators re surveillance. US regulatory knowledge is desirable.
- Product knowledge –Good product knowledge in respect of Investment Banking, Commercial Banking and Asset Management businesses. Excellent understanding of surveillance practice including familiarity with surveillance technology and the use of data.
- Global Outlook - Ability to work in global teams across multiple regions including EMEA.
- Team working and Leadership - Track record of working collaboratively across multiple business lines and with stakeholders and colleagues at all levels but also of taking the lead as needs dictate. An ability to motivate team members for common progress is essential.
- Drive – a self-starter who is proactive and with a demonstrated ability to drive through regulatory change.
- Analytical skills – the candidate must be highly analytical with experience in collecting, analyzing, and synthesizing information on various subjects.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Apply on company website