About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website.
Market Job Description
Use of this job restricted to IRM Compliance group. Responsible for providing oversight and monitoring of risk-based compliance programs designed to drive compliance with federal, state, agency, legal and regulatory and/or Corporate Policy requirements. May be involved in developing and overseeing standards to effectively identify, assess and manage compliance risk; provides subject matter expertise and maintains an appropriate level of business and functional knowledge. Works with fairly complex business units, rules and regulations or moderate to high risk compliance matters; provides compliance risk expertise and consulting for projects and initiatives with moderate to high risk for a business line or functional area. May be involved in monitoring the reporting, escalation, and timely remediation of issues, deficiencies or regulatory matters regarding compliance risk management. May be involved in developing compliance testing strategies and methodologies; evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, initiatives, products and internal controls and identifying issues resulting from internal and/or external compliance examinations. May provide direction to the business on developing corrective action plans and effectively managing regulatory change. Reports findings and recommendations to senior management and to appropriate committees. May be involved in identifying compliance training and awareness needs or the development, delivery and administration of training and awareness content. May lead project teams and may provide guidance to less experienced consultants..
Market Skills and Certifications
- 8+ years of relevant experience on Compliance or Operational risk process
- Independent ability to accurately evaluate risks and controls, develop effective test plans, exhibit appropriate judgment regarding issues, and prepare and communicate findings.
- Full command of process risks and controls, including a high level of sophistication around evaluating control design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience negotiating with all levels of staff and management.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- High degree of initiative coupled with a strong ability to prioritize work and meet accountabilities with limited direction and oversight.
- Ability to explain complicated processes to all audiences.
- Compliance and Operational Risk certifications (such as CIA, CRCM) or Chartered Accountant.
- Experience in compliance or Operational Risk Management in Financial Services Industry.
- Auto, Credit Card, Consumer and Business Banking, and Treasury Products experience.
- Demonstrated ability to execute effectively in a matrixed organization, develop partnerships with many business and functional areas.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Apply on company website