Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, and both individual and institutional retirement.
As part of the Wealth and Investment Management Next Generation efforts to create horizontal functions to support all client coverage channels, a new organization has been formed to drive delivery of its non-investment products and services. This new group, Wealth Client Solutions, brings teams and functions currently found across WIM's consumer businesses under a common, WIM-level organization. The team will be focused on transforming from channel-based to client-focused solutions and delivery in an effort to reduce operational risk, improve efficiency, increase consistency/coordination, and bring focus on product management / development to drive innovative growth and improve the client experience. Additionally, the new group will drive a WIM-level culture of product management excellence by creating a culture of innovation, product excellence, client service and risk mitigation.
The candidate for the Lending Officer 3 position must be experienced in financial analysis and underwriting and structuring of highly complex commercial banking relationships. As a member of the Legal Specialty Group ( LSG ), candidate will partner with Private Bankers and Regional Private Banking Managers in LSG to deliver high-quality custom credit solutions that result in a positive client experience. Demonstrates knowledge of WMG Credit Policies and regulatory compliance requirements while serving commercial clients (law firms). Expected to exercise independent judgment and work with minimal direct supervision. Responsible for the efficient and timely analysis and underwriting of highly complex borrower, financial and collateral circumstances. Deep experience with legal documents and working with outside legal counsel, reviewing legal documents and leading negotiations required. Expected to excel in credit structuring and communicating recommendations verbally and in writing. Regularly monitors and services existing portfolio and communicates findings and recommend solutions to management in a timely manner. Partners with Private Banker in a client advisory role and in credit negotiations as required. Coaches other members of the LSG team when appropriate.
Analyzes very complex financial and credit information for law firms according to business unit standards. Underwrites commercial loans with higher aggregate credit exposure and may manage a more complex portfolio. Compiles, analyzes, and documents loan data and credit risk, borrower and property information. May perform research and analysis related to loan projects, such as industry studies and management reports. May cross-sell products and services. Negotiate loan provisions. May mentor or review analysis of less experienced underwriters.Required Qualifications
- 10+ years of lending experience
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- 12+ years of investment banking or corporate/commercial related experience in commercial underwriting or portfolio management
- Preferred competencies include legal industry experience, capital markets expertise
- Formal commercial credit training and/or MBA or finance graduate degree desirable
- Wealth related underwriting/lending experience a plus
- Thorough knowledge of financial accounting theory and logic, loan structuring, commercial products and services
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Candidate must have the ability to interact with Senior Management and/or Risk Management on strategic issues/initiatives
- Ability to interpret and discuss analytical data
- Proficient with computers and software applications (MSA, MS Excel, MS Word, other MS Office Suite applications, etc.) and applicable mainframe systems
- Proven history of credit authority
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time
CA-LA-Downtown Los Angeles: 707 Wilshire Blvd - Los Angeles, CA
CA-SF-Financial District: 420 Montgomery - San Francisco, CA
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Apply on company website