At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance drives financial management for the company and maintains and enhances risk and financial controls. Key functions within Enterprise Finance include finance and accounting; Treasury; corporate development, mergers, and acquisitions; Data Management and Insights, the Customer Remediation Center of Excellence, Enterprise Shared Services, Business Process Management, and Corporate Strategy. Enterprise Finance informs shareholders, regulators, taxing authorities, team members, and leaders of the company's financial performance through earnings releases, investor meetings and conferences, and meetings with regulators and credit rating agencies, following appropriate reporting guidelines. They also maintain and enhance risk and financial controls and lead many of the company's shared services functions including corporate properties, security, and global services.
Data Management and Insights (DMI) is transforming the way that Wells Fargo uses and manages data. Our work enables Wells Fargo to empower and inform our team members, deliver exceptional experiences for our customers, and meet the elevated expectations of our regulators. The team is responsible for designing the future data environment, defining data governance and oversight, and partnering with technology to operate the data infrastructure for the company. This team also provides next generation analytic insights to drive business strategies and help meet our commitment to satisfy our customers' financial needs.
The Natural Language Processing (NLP) Data Science team in Enterprise Analytics and Data Science (EADS) is responsible for developing and deploying NLP, machine learning (ML), and AI (Artificial Intelligence) solutions for key strategic Enterprise initiatives such as customer experience improvement, risk management and compliance, business operational excellence, and team member experience. The team is looking for an experienced analytics leader to manage the AI/NLP model development for Chatbot/Virtual Assistance areas.
As the leader for the team, you will be responsible for building and managing a team of data scientists to design, develop, and implement Chatbot models focusing on team member and customer virtual assistance for the enterprise and Wells Fargo lines of business. You will be leveraging unstructured data such as emails, text messages, notes, voice data, and semi-structured data in combination of structured data to build Chatbot models using deep learning and machine learning techniques. You will be responsible for relationship management with business functional executives within Wells Fargo lines of business to frame the problem, select the right approach, resources, and tools to meet business requirements. Partnering with Wells Fargo AI technology team, Wells Fargo AI business solution team, and LOB executives, you and your team will deliver and deploy AI/ML models on the Well Fargo AI open source platform to scale these solutions and embed them in the operational processes.
You will also be working with the enterprise model governance and validation teams to ensure the modeling process and procedures meet corporate model risk policy and requirements. You and your team will contribute to the establishment of a working model that consists of standardized processes, repeatable modules, and approved artifacts to scale up the model review and validation process to improve efficiency in a controlled framework.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Build and grow a team of data scientists responsible for AI-NLP model development in support of Chatbots development
- Design, develop, and deploy AI/ML models using state of the art NLP/Deep Learning (DL)/ML techniques available in the open stack and/or vendor solutions
- Partner with LOB business executives to frame the problem, manage the model development process, and business relationship
- Manage a portfolio of the data science projects including the following responsibilities:
- Help finalize project scope working with business partners
- On-going touch-base with business partners and governance stakeholders
- Define priorities in partnership with the business partners during on-going development
- Partner with corporate risk teams to understand model risk policy and its implications to model development, review, and monitoring
- Adhere to corporate model risk policy and ensure compliance with model risk management
- Working with other data science teams to identify, gather, retain, and publicize modeling artifacts required for approved and repeatable processes
- Contribute to NLP data science teams group effort to stay concurrent with the cutting edge and bleeding edge of NLP/ML/DL algorithms, methodologies in the open source community and vendor solutions.
- Work with AI technology and production teams to operationalize models
- May be called upon to review vendor models and solutions and/or models developed outside of EADS
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- 4+ years of management experience
- 2+ years of Python experience
- 2+ years of Natural Language Processing (NLP) experience
- 4+ years of experience in Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Distributed Computing, Chatbot, or 4+ years experience as a Virtual Assistant
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Meeting facilitation experience in leading discussions that result in consensus and commitment
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- A Master's degree or higher in a quantitative discipline
- 4+ years managing or directing data scientist/ statistician/ data engineer teams
- Technical skills: Familiarity and comfort with data pipelining and movement tools and tools for predictive analytics/ NLP/ machine learning
- Experience building Chatbots that have been implemented/productionalized
- Hands on experience with deep learning toolkits such as Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch, Dynet
- Hands on experience writing data processing and data pipeline for Chatbot model development including gathering and building datasets to collect intents, cleaning messy data, designing feedback loop on data needs
- Experience building intent recognition and classification models. Experience with phrase level identification.
- Hands on experience with BERT, ELMO, CRF models.
- Hands on experience with data labeling design for intent classification
- Experience with active learning and reinforcement learning
- Experience with open source chatbot platforms
- Strong analytical and problem solving experience to aid decision making, in areas such as customer experience improvement and operations optimization
- Detail oriented. Experience with model governance requirements. Able to de-mystify AI models to make them transparent and explainable
- Experience with agile project management methodologies for data science
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Apply on company website