At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer Banking is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers in addition to operating one of the most extensive banking franchises in the country. We serve mass market, affluent, and small business customers; as well as provide home and personal lending. Our focus is on delivering an exceptional experience for our customers through financial advice and guidance coupled with providing the products and services that will help them realize their financial hopes and dreams. We've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.
Underwriting Non-Conforming mortgage loans. Responsible for reviewing, analyzing, approving and underwriting difficult, complex individual consumer requests and products within company and industry guidelines. Dependent on division, functions include reviewing financial statements, credit reports, and applicable ratios(i.e. Debt ratios, loan-to-value); examining transactions to ensure accuracy and completeness; preparing formal reports for review; ensuring that documents are consistent and uphold to company and industry guidelines; implementing fraud detection techniques, performing compliance reviews; assisting with re-negotiations of loans based on lending guidelines, serving as a consultant/technical resource on difficult problems and questions; handling escalated calls: providing work direction, feedback and training to underwriting staff including mentoring lower level underwriters on credit decisioning, department procedures and policies; delivering/facilitating of technical training to ensure organizational consistency. Has exception authority. May act as a team lead and provide performance feedback to less senior underwriters. May act as backup in absence of Supervisor. This SAFE position has customer contact and job duties which may include the offering/negotiating of terms and/or taking an application for a dwelling secured transaction. As such, this position requires compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results. Individuals in a SAFE position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below.Required Qualifications
- 5+ years of underwriting experience
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- 4+ years of purchase mortgage credit underwriting experience within the past five years
- 36 months documented portfolio underwriting experience
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary.
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
MN-Minneapolis: 2701 Wells Fargo Way - Minneapolis, MN
IL-Lombard: 1 E 22nd St - Lombard, IL
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Apply on company website