Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Consumer Credit Card, Retail Services, Consumer Deposits, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Marketing and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Our guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
This is a front-line position on DPG Control's Product Development Strategy team with primary responsibility aligned processes supporting the Service Delivery and DPG Analytics organizations.
The DPG Control team:
- Serves as the primary PVSI Control Team liaison to DPG
- Provides subject matter expertise for products, services, risks, processes, and controls within DPG
- Facilitates risk management activities within the front line and ensure compliance with enterprise requirements
- Advises the DPG business on risk mitigation strategies
- Develops an aggregate view of risk across DPG businesses and products
Operational Risk Consultants for DPG Control provide support for Consumer and Small Business Deposit products.
Additional job responsibilities include:
- Build and foster strong relationships and collaborate effectively by partnering with line of business partners to provide a risk perspective and recommendations as appropriate
- Monitor and assess risk-based operational risk programs to ensure development and identification of business processes and assurance activities
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of processes, assurance activities, initiatives, products, policies, procedures and internal controls and identify issues resulting from internal and/or external examinations
- Identify issues, analyze root causes and report findings and recommendations to senior management
- Provide assistance to DPG in providing credible challenge for resolving issues and implementing action plans to address control deficiencies
- Consult with the business, and risk peers, to develop corrective action plans and effectively manage change to ensure policy compliance
The preferred location for this position is Charlotte, NC. Other locations that may be considered are Atlanta, GA; Dallas, TX; Denver, CO; Des Moines, IA; Minneapolis, MN; Phoenix, AZ; Raleigh, NC; San Antonio, TX; St. Louis, MO; and Wilmington, DE.
Please note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.Required Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- 2+ years of deposit products experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to deliver, evaluate, or test large technology efforts
- Knowledge and understanding of programming language and systems
- Experience in business process fundamentals, including mapping processes, identifying risks and developing and monitoring controls
- Deposit Systems
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to read and understand SQL and/or SAS code
- Experience with Consumer and Small Business Deposit products
- Experience in financial services, payments and deposit products
- Familiarity with Wells Fargo, PVSI and Control organizations
- Experience with Six Sigma and Lean fundamentals
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Apply on company website