At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
The Wholesale Control (WC) organization serves as the front line risk management organization within Wholesale Banking supporting the businesses with risk strategy, implementation, and execution. The Wholesale Control team is accountable to assess and effectively manage risks across all risk types and Wholesale businesses delivering an integrated view of risks, producing a sustainable control environment, and instilling a culture of strong risk management. The team is responsible to identify and assess risks, design and implement controls, and monitor the controls to ensure they are working effectively. Wholesale Control interfaces with Independent Risk Management and Audit to drive comprehensive and consistent implementation of regulatory and corporate risk policies and programs across Wholesale.
The Wholesale Control Self-Assurance (WCSA) functions serves as the front line control testing group for key areas of risk across all lines of business within Wholesale, domestic and international operations, and across multiple risk disciplines. The group is responsible for assessing risks, testing the design and execution of key controls, and performing monitoring to ensure processes and controls are working as expected to manage risks across Wholesale. Wholesale Control Assurance interfaces with Independent Risk Management, Audit and the regulators to assess comprehensive and consistent implementation of regulatory and corporate risk policies and programs across Wholesale.
Depending on the role, this senior individual contributor will play an integral part in developing and continuously improving procedures, standards, job aids & templates, development of communications (reports, presentations, and newsletters), assessment of self-assurance activities against established procedures and policies, and developing metrics and reporting on the quality, consistency and compliance with internal processes and requirements.
• Facilitate policy/program implementation & oversight, including developing and maintaining policy program documents, driving implementation of new or revised policies, facilitating policy implementation and workshops, performing ongoing policy program activities, producing required reporting, and performing policy consulting, as needed.
• Ensure compliance with Wholesale Self-Assurance program procedures.
• Quality review formal documentation of Self-Assurance Activity (SAA) results including control design assessment, root cause analysis on defects and overall SAA effectiveness ratings to help maintain consistency amongst various SA groups.
• Collaborate and influence cross functional groups to ensure an understanding of SA policy and procedures, tools and templates and guidance.
• Independently analyze data and translate complex concepts into simplified solutions.
• Work in a fast paced environment and operate successfully in a complex, heavily matrixed environment.
• Able to prioritize work, effectively delegate tasks and perform initial reviews, maintain project status and follow-up activity, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment to meet changing business needs.
• Demonstrate a track record of building and fostering strong relationship and collaborate effectively to drive and influence change.
• Provide guidance and subject-matter expertise to underlying stakeholders and ensure activities are in compliance with governing requirements.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Experience with assessing risk and control design and effectiveness specific to Banking operations
- Background in audit, risk management, control testing, and/or compliance testing
- Experience building partnerships and consulting effectively with leadership
- Experience in project management, including the development of overall project objectives, deliverables, and strategies; identification of dependencies; and maintenance of ongoing documentation supporting project status, including core risks and obstacles.
- Experience managing and supervising the performance of a team and/or direct reports
- Strong team player with flexibility to work on a variety of projects, as needed
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Apply on company website