Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo's more than 70 million global customers.
Wells Fargo's emphasis on technology has never been greater. This is an exciting Engineer position over fast-paced, cutting-edge work within Innovation & Strategic Services Platform Management organization. This group plays an important foundational role enabling business & technology transformation and manages critical 'run the bank functions'. As an Engineer you will be responsible for full end-to-end platform initiatives & operational management of portfolio of applications. You will also be required to help us enable transform the bank functions while managing run the bank functions in terms of resiliency, automation, support & maturity of application plus infrastructure stack.
This Engineer role provides technical support functions for Enterprise Content Management & Enterprise Services domain. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of numerous factors. The Platform team has knowledge of the environments, software, infrastructure, function, performance, availability, capacity and data. These technology teams provide and support ECM solutions and core capabilities including: Content Repositories, Image Capture and Ingestion, Records Management, Workflow, Content Viewers & Transformation Tools, Content Access (Services/APIs), and Utilities/Shared Services. We need a diverse group of people with different experience levels to support the transformation, enrichment and continued availability of assets to business and technical application teams across the enterprise.
The goal of our platforms is to provide high-quality, standardized, innovative solutions to serve our core business needs in a consistent and efficient way. The incumbent will lead matrixed teams of engineers and support personnel in the Wells Fargo Platform and Application support team partnering with development teams, product owners, scrum masters, and with other technology centers of excellence. Core responsibilities include project deliverables, ensuring availability of our portfolio of applications, handling incident & problem management, issue resolution & communication, tracking various changes across the portfolio, operational health & new solutions to improve platform/application stability, quality & supportability along with overall operational and technology risk management as per the enterprise guidelines.
- Lead small to medium cross-organizational transformational efforts in Platform space
- Deliver results in less defined & constantly changing environments
- Communicate with broad and diverse audience, including technology and business leaders; ability to simplify complex messages for consumption
- Troubleshooting complex system issues in a distributed environment.
- As an application support specialist position is responsible for leading support functions and driving the execution and maturity of multiple application support services including incident triage, root cause analysis, change evaluation-execution-validation, deployment management, and risk & vulnerability management. Works closely with development and infrastructure partners like middleware, NAS, database, network, etc.
- Bring in operational management and sustainment for horizontal systems within Enterprise Content Management & Enterprise Services/APIs domain.
- Partner to influence and support innovation & continued drive towards automation, touch less operational sustainment as a design/architecture construct working with CIO technology partners/managers
- Operational sustainment and reduce risks in the eco-system by aggressively pursuing safety and soundness type of actions not limited to vulnerability, patching, end of life and resiliency
- Hands on engagement on all Production, DevOps, BCP & UAT support activities for the platform and applications
- Drive operational management via EACO/Incident response, communication and tracking along with root cause identification and closure.
- Manage and coordinate Production change requests and release management.
- Provides operational continuity through the development, management, measurement, analysis and reporting of key service-level metrics as required by management
- Manages continuous services improvements and drives innovation to ensure SLAs and OLAs for the critical business processes, applications and partner interfaces
- Regular presentation of Production performance and incident, root cause and preventative actions, and trend analysis to technical and business Management teams.
- Maintain and update all Production related documentation (e.g. game plans, run books, procedures, processes).
- Ensure effective Production systems monitoring, alarming and notification response/maintenance.
- Active coaching of junior team members.
- Provides general oversight and direction to virtual teams.
- Must be able to manage multiple concurrent issue resolution work-streams, project deliverables across environments in an agile way with changing priorities.
- Strong written, oral communication skills along with documentation practice.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel) required, Collaboration Tools set - JIRA, Confluence etc.
- Strong Operating systems experience - Windows, Unix, Linux and other infrastructure aspects.
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 5+ years of computer application development experience
- 3 + years of experience working with an Enterprise Content Management (ECM) or Service Oriented Architecture Enabling (SOA) platform
- 7 + years of experience troubleshooting environments across the entire architecture (i.e. applications to infrastructure)
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Leadership skills including the ability to influence effectively in a matrix environment
- 3 + years of experience developing or supporting IT Service Management solutions
- Ability to manage to production goals, deadlines, and various metrics
- Ability to identify root-cause issues/improvement opportunities, and design approaches/programs/products to improve overall quality assurance
- Experience with a customer service mindset and a focus on continuous improvement
- Ability to identify and manage complex issues and negotiate solutions within a geographically dispersed organization
- 3+ years of JIRA experience
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
- D3.js experience
- 5+ years of application production support experience
- 4+ years of distributed servers platform experience
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Apply on company website