Behavioral Health Crisis Clinician - Per Diem - (3184837) Description
Wentworth-Douglass Hospital, an affiliate of Mass General Brigham, is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community. We place great value on being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization as we aim to reflect the diversity of the patients we serve. At Mass General Brigham, we believe in equal access to quality care, employment and advancement opportunities encompassing the full spectrum of human diversity: race, gender, sexual orientation, ability, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other forms of human presence and expression that make us better able to provide innovative and cutting-edge healthcare and research.
Wentworth-Douglass Hospital remains among the nation's top hospitals for patient experience as a recipient of the Healthgrades 2021 Outstanding Patient Experience Award for the eighth consecutive year. Wentworth-Douglass Hospital is renowned as one of the largest acute care hospitals in the Seacoast region of New Hampshire and Southern Maine. At Wentworth-Douglass, we value people who contribute to patient-centered care that enhances community health; we recognize and reward those who share our values and transform our patients' lives. We invite you to explore opportunities, cultivate community wellness and professional growth.
Responsible for providing behavioral health assessment, crisis intervention and brief treatment services to a diverse population of patients. Must have excellent problem solving skills; the ability to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team; the ability to apply risk management and problem-solving techniques to clinical situations; working knowledge of current version of DSM; the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment; some knowledge of psychiatric medications.
1. Demonstrates competency in conducting behavioral health assessments
a. Use evidence-based approach to asses and arrive at appropriate disposition to maintain behavioral health care in the least restrictive and appropriate setting
b. Communicates and collaborates with multiple collaterals
c. Assess patients and determine if criteria for involuntary emergency admission are met
d. For patients meeting IEA criteria; complete IEA petition & provide testimony when required
e. Make rapid assessments and multi-axial diagnoses through interactions with patient and collaterals
f. Assess potentially dangerous situations and take appropriate precautionary measures to assure patient/worker safety
2. Demonstrates competency in disposition planning
. Creates appropriate dispositions in consultation with the interdisciplinary team and collaterals.
a. Makes referrals to, and coordinates with appropriate community agencies and programs
b. obtains insurance authorizations for patients needing psychiatric hospitalization
3. Demonstrates competency in providing crisis treatment
. Provides treatment using multiple modalities of acceptable practice
a. Counsel family members to assist them in understanding, dealing with or supporting the patient
b. Able to provide assessment and referral to DCYF and BEAS
c. Makes rounds in ED and inpatient units regularly to ensure that behavioral health patient needs are being met
d. Supports behavioral health pod milieu and engages appropriate patients with psychoeducation, and ensures an environment that promotes safety, treatment and recovery
4. Demonstrates competency in Effective Communication
. Keeps necessary staff informed of high risk and problematic cases.
a. Able to clearly and succinctly communicate assessment, diagnoses, and treatment plan to the interdisciplinary team
b. Documents in a timely and thorough manner
5. Demonstrates competence in application of professional principles
. Practices in accordance with professional code of ethics
a. Seeks out bioethics committee or experts in the field for guidance in areas where ethical issues surface, conflicts exist, or barriers prevent good care
b. Seeks opportunities and actively participates in activities to develop clinical skills
6. Demonstrates competency in organizational skills
. Responds to request for service in a timely manner
a. Triages workload appropriately
b. Work, including clinical and administrative tasks, is completed in a timely manner
7. Demonstrates competency in training and education to health system staff
. Develop and conduct training/education to healthcare staff, informally and formally, as needed
a. Maintains lists of information and services to offer to professionals such as physicians, nurses, care coordinators
b. Participates in conducting workshops, lectures and educational series for the community
c. Conducts peer review of documentation for quality assurance and feedback purposes
d. Participates on committees and/or special projects
Experience Minimum Required
• One year in healthcare setting
• Experience Preferred/Desired
• Two years experience including recent experience in acute health care setting
Education Minimum Required
• Masters degree in Social Work, or related field, from an accredited college or university
• LICSW, LMFT, LMHC, LADC, MLADC or PhD, membership in professional organization
Special Skills Minimum Required
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Ability to organize time and establish priorities; ability to communicate in written, electronic, and verbal formats; ability to give and receive information over the telephone; ability to make effective judgements and decisions based on objective criteria.
• Ability to work in a stressful environment and handle sensitive issues; ability to maintain confidentiality; calm, reassuring, empathic demeanor; flexibility, professional in interaction with people at all levels; ability to work with a wide range of patient conditions, personalities, and cultures; ability to provider good internal and external customer service.
• Ability to operate a computer.
• Ability to assess and diagnose mental health disorders.
• Ability to provider treatment using multiple modalities of acceptable practice.
Wentworth-Douglass Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.Primary Location : NH-Dover-WDH 19 Old Roll Work Locations : WDH 19 Old Roll 19 Old Rollingsford Road Dover 03820 Job : Case Management Organization : Wentworth-Douglass Hospital(WDH) Schedule : Per Diem Standard Hours: 1 Shift : Day Job Posted Shift Description: Days, Evenings & Weekends Employee Status : Limited Term / Per Diem Recruiting Department: WDH Great Bay Mental Health Job Posting : Jan 26, 2022
Apply on company website