The Central Service Unit (CSU) Coordinator performs scheduling and registration functions for Wentworth Douglass Health Systems (WDHS). The individual specializes in providing exceptional customer service, creating new patient medical records, verifying insurance eligibility, collecting demographic information and offering applicable documents. The CSU Coordinator is able to hold in-depth financial conversations with patients in order to provide cost transparency and improve financial success of the organization. The CSU Coordinator is typically the first point of contact for patients entering WDHS and is responsible for managing both in and outbound calls as well as scheduling and registering patients for services utilizing enterprise-wide computer-based systems. The CSU Coordinator will represent them self as an extension of the WHP practices by effectively communicating and collaborating with both internal and external customers in a team environment to ensure effective and accurate patient scheduling, registration, billing and ultimately the overall financial success of the organization. In addition, they will maintain a focus on customer service and patient confidentiality as well as Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to align with WDHS and Partners Revenue Cycle Patient Access Standards.
Minimum Experience Required
- Two years strong customer service required.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Typing, word processing and computer skills.
- Previous experience in the healthcare insurance field, preferably in a hospital setting.
- Experience with financial counseling, reimbursement and collections in a healthcare setting.
- Medical Terminology
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Associate Degree in a financial / medical / business field of study
- Successful completion of a Medical terminology course.
Apply on company website