Wentworth-Douglass Hospital, a subsidiary of Massachusetts General Hospital, is renowned as one of the largest acute care hospitals in the Seacoast region of New Hampshire and Southern Maine. At Wentworth-Douglass, we value people who contribute to patient-centered care that enhances community health; we recognize and reward those who share our values and transform our patients' lives. We invite you to explore opportunities, cultivate community wellness and professional growth.
The Development Coordinator, Special Events, will support the Development Officer, Special Events, and the rest of the Development Team in the execution of all Wentworth-Douglass Hospital Foundation's fundraising events. Reporting directly to the Development Officer, Special Events, s/he will work closely with the team to meet the fundraising goals for each event in a creative and efficient manner. This position requires an understanding of the inner workings of fundraising events, the principles and practices of a development operation, high levels of professionalism, collegiality, self-motivation, organization and familiarity with the mission and goals of WDH. Excellent communication and writing skills are necessary as is the ability to work collaboratively with other members of the staff, physicians, administrative leaders, and volunteers. Some availability outside regular business hours including some weekends is required.
1. Provide critical support for all fundraising events including signature events: Seacoast Cancer 5K, Charity Classic Golf Tournament, and other donor events as required.
a. Assist with handling logistics and support that will ensure annual events continue to build on previous success, in collaboration with the Development Officer, Special Events
b. Assist with meeting scheduling for event committee members as well as the Development Officer, Special Events
c. Assist with logistics (sites, food, signage, decorations, sound system, etc.) for all events which will include detailed venue and vendor research and the ability to make recommendations to the Foundation team.
d. Assist and support event committee meetings; responsible for recording minutes.
e. Solicit outside vendors to secure in-kind donations including food, beverage, production, décor and other items to reduce event costs and build business community
f. Manage all event data in Raiser's Edge/CRM donor database ensuring event RSVPs and expenses are recorded in the Event Module.
g. Work with Operations and Annual Fund Manager to ensure that all event pledges are fulfilled
h. Assist with follow up and correspondence for corporate and private sponsorship opportunities as required.
i. Track event materials inventory and keep storage closets well-organized.
j. Serve as the Foundation point of contact for the printing process with all new and reprint orders for event collateral as outlined by the event project plans.
k. Coordinate and solicit auction and raffle gifts as required via outreach, face-to-face meetings, and coordinated mailings as requested.
l. Keep track of raffle and auction items at events and all post-event follow-up with winners
2. Provide office and administrative support as needed
Experience Minimum Required
• Experience working on high caliber, successful fundraising events is preferred.
• Experience Preferred/Desired
• 1-3 years of previous development experience preferred or comparable experience in a related field.
Education Minimum Required
• Associate's degree required
• BA/BS degree preferred
Special Skills Minimum Required
• Proficiency in MS Word, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel and Internet
• Demonstrated excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
• Demonstrated exceptional written and oral communication skills.
Special Skills Preferred/Desired
• Familiarity with Adobe Suite, MailChimp, Crowdrise a plus.
• Familiarity with Raiser's Edge preferred.
• Willingness to take initiative and strong creative skills essential.
• Familiarity with social media platforms preferred.
• Ability to work well under pressure, to work as part of a team and to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with poise, enthusiasm, discretion and professionalism.
• Interest or experience in making solicitations.
Apply on company website