Medical Assistant - (3168942) Description
As a not-for-profit organization, Mass General Brigham (MGB) is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Mass General Brigham supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Mass General Brigham is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development—and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
The Medical Assistant (MA) is an integral member of the healthcare team and is accountable for patient care as assigned by a licensed independent provider (LIP: MD, NP, PA), a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or a Registered Nurse (RN). The MA participates in the direct and indirect care of patients, health maintenance, patient instruction, collaborative planning and rehabilitation within scope of practice and consistent with his/her education and training. The Medical Assistant may be present in secure medication storage areas and is allowed incidental access to medications. Developing relationships with patients, families and colleagues, the MA functions as an interdisciplinary team member who provides quality patient care and contributes toward the attainment of important goals for the patient, the practice and the organization.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Demonstrates true engagement and enthusiasm to contribute toward the care delivery needs for patients and families.
- Promotes an inclusive environment supportive of patient and family centered care for a diverse community.
- Accepts assignments for patient care within the scope of his/her preparation and within current standards of practice.
- In conjunction with a Licensed Independent Provider (LIP) , LPN or RN, participates in the gathering of data that contributes to the assessment, planning, and evaluation of care delivered.
- Collaborates as a member of the health care team, contributing toward a supportive and therapeutic environment that promotes the attainment of patient goals that are specific, measurable, action-oriented, realistic and timely.
- Accurately obtains vital signs, elicits information about the patient's basic health status, administers relevant care within scope of practice and as directed by the LIP/LPN/RN, and documents as appropriate in the electronic health record.
- Performs routine tests that may include but is not limited to: electrocardiograms, vision and hearing screening, and the collection of specimens for laboratory testing and point of care.
- Participates in team-based care and patient education initiatives to support the health and wellness of patients in conjunction with the LIP/LPN/RN. Reinforces patient instruction as directed by LIP/LPN/RN.
- Participates in organizational and unit-based quality improvement initiatives and compliance readiness.
- Participates in telephone screening of patients; may provide instruction to patient when directed by the LIP/LPN/RN.
- Participates in prescription management tasks including pending of new prescriptions and renewals requiring LIP approval, prior authorizations and medication reconciliation.
- Follows approved clinical practice guidelines (CPG's) and workflows, pends appropriate orders for radiology, laboratory testing and other care needs requiring LIP authorization.
- Performs a variety of tasks, including those that may be facilitated by administrative staff, which have an effect on the overall operations of the unit. These include flow, stocking of rooms, scheduling tasks and all other duties as assigned.
- Appropriately utilizes organizational resources including management of time, supplies, equipment and other assets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Some college or Associate Degree preferred
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Certificate as Certified Medical Assistant is preferred
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Certificate Program preferred
- Experience in healthcare preferred
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.Primary Location : MA-Somerville-MGB Assembly Row Other Locations : MA-Salem-MGB NSMC Salem, MA-Northampton-CDH Cooley Dickinson Hospital, NH-Dover-WDH Main Hospital, MA-Boston-BWFH Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital Main, MA-Nantucket-NCH Nantucket Cottage Hospital, MA-Newton-NWH Main Campus, MA-Oak Bluffs-MVH Martha's Vineyard Hospital, MA-Boston-MEI Mass Eye and Ear Main Building Boston, MA-Boston-BWH Boston Main Campus, MA-Boston-MGH Main Campus Work Locations : MGB Assembly Row 399 Revolution Drive Somerville 02145 Job : Medical Technologist/MLT Organization : Mass General Brigham(PHS) Schedule : Full-time Standard Hours: 40 Shift : Day Job Recruiting Department: MGB Administration Job Posting : Sep 14, 2021
Apply on company website