Physical Therapist, Full Time, Dover Clinic Out-Patient, Cover Emergency Department Rehab Referrals - (3209412) Description
Current opening for a full time position in our large out-patient physical therapy clinic located within the hospital with 24 out-patient physical therapists, opportunity to learn from very experienced colleagues, many with fellowship training, advanced degrees and certifications in orthopedics, spine, neurology and lymphedema. Scheduled meetings and rounds with specialty physicians (Physiatry and Orthopedic) fostering a professional development culture in the department. The position will allow you to grow your skills by providing one-on-one physical therapy, access to therapeutic pool- on site, working along with supportive physicians who value conservative care by physical therapists. This position also presents the opportunity to attend and contributing at multi-disciplinary rounds within various specialty groups. This is a position in the department that hosts the Seacoast Spine Rounds quarterly, hosts the Concussion Symposium and many other continuing education courses over the year. There is opportunity for daily collaboration with occupational therapists and speech therapist to support related therapeutic needs.
This position will also provide coverage for any emergency department rehab referrals, to assist with assessing mobility and safe discharge plans, acute vestibular treatment, acute spine pain and any other emergency department rehab referral needs.
1. Demonstrates competency in the performance of duties and responsibilities related to patient evaluation and development of care plan.
o Selects tools, tests and measures appropriate to patient age and diagnosis.
o Recognizes deviations from anticipated assessment findings.
o Establishes and prioritizes functional, measurable goals and includes time frames.
o Establishes treatment plans based on examination findings.
o Demonstrates competency in the performance of duties and responsibilities related to the administration of therapeutic interventions.
o Provides care that maintains patient confidentiality, comfort and safety.
o Administers therapeutic agents and exercise programs according to clinical procedures.
o Selects, provides and instructs in the use of adaptive equipment.
o Assesses patient response to intervention and adjusts care appropriately
o Performs reassessment and goal adjustment according to policy.
o Instructs patient/family in the patient's therapeutic program, including discharge planning.
2. Demonstrates competency in the performance of duties and responsibilities related to the documentation of clinical care.
o Maintains medical record including assessment, interventions and clinical response.
o Obtains and reviews all required insurance authorizations and physician signatures.
o Documents patient outcomes that reflect goal achievement.
o Completes physician progress reports and discharge summaries according to department policy.
o Records accurate patient charges on a daily basis.
3. Demonstrates competency in the performance of duties and responsibilities related to the communication of clinical and operational information.
o Participates in daily inpatient discharge planning rounds.
o Provides patient status report for weekend/vacation coverage and orthopedic rounds.
o Communicates with other providers regarding the needs and capabilities of each patient.
o Communicates patient status report according to insurance company requirements.
o Provides verbal and written information to patient/family.
4. Demonstrates competency in the performance of duties and responsibilities related to receiving and providing education.
o Identifies educational needs and seeks opportunities for improvement.
o Attends a minimum of one out of hospital rehabilitation program.
o Facilitates rehabilitation staff education regarding out of hospital education program.
o Maintains continuing education record semiannually.
o Completes clinical competencies annually.
o Serves as a resource for other departments and staff.
5. Demonstrates competency in the performance of duties and responsibilities related to the supervision of support staff.
o Assigns patients to Physical Therapist Assistants and communicates all pertinent patient information
o Re-evaluates Physical Therapist Assistants patients according to department policy.
o Provides continuous consultation with Physical Therapist Assistants.
o Directs and supervises aides.
o Directs and supervises secretarial staff relating to daily operations.
Experience Minimum Required
• Over one month Staff Physical Therapist
• Over one year Staff Physical Therapist in an out-patient therapy
- Experience with vestibular care, safe mobility training preferred
Education Minimum Required
• BA or BS in Physical Therapy or BS in Science-biology, chemistry with a Physical Therapy Certificate
Licensure and/or Certifications Required
• CPR, NH License
· The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Primary Location : NH-Dover-MGB Wentworth Douglass Hospital Work Locations : MGB Wentworth Douglass Hospital 789 Central Ave Dover 03820 Job : Physical Therapy Organization : Wentworth-Douglass Hospital(WDH) Schedule : Full-time Standard Hours: 40 Shift : Day Job Posted Shift Description: Work until 6PM at least 3 nights a week, option for 4- 10 hour days Employee Status : Regular Recruiting Department: WDH Physical Therapy Job Posting : Aug 11, 2022
Apply on company website