Wentworth-Douglass Hospital, a subsidiary of Massachusetts General Hospital, is renowned as one of the largest acute care hospitals in the Seacoast region of New Hampshire and Southern Maine. At Wentworth-Douglass, we value people who contribute to patient-centered care that enhances community health; we recognize and reward those who share our values and transform our patients' lives. We invite you to explore opportunities, cultivate community wellness and professional growth.
1. Demonstrates competence in the performance of duties and responsibilities related to interior security and safety.
o Tours buildings and grounds periodically, minimum of 4 rounds per shift, examining doors, windows, and gates to ensure they are secure and not tampered with.
o Confronts unauthorized persons for questioning, routes or detains them, or telephones police for assistance, according to circumstances.
o Utilizes emergency fire equipment (alarms, fire extinguishers) adequately and appropriate.
o Records and reports any safety violations, plant equipment failure, plumbing, heating, or electrical malfunction.
o Checks persons for unauthorized weapons or contraband as requested by medical staff and confiscate and stores weapons/contraband as required. Notifies police department when appropriate.
o Performs metal detection/search procedures as requested by medical staff.
o Assist in checking equipment and utilities such as fire extinguishers, lighting, carpeting, stairwells, etc. to ensure they are safe, free of obstacles and in proper working order
2. Responds to all calls for assistance.
o Maintains a 100% response rate for assistance.
o Responds to all calls for assistance immediately unless involved in or responding to an emergency situation. Documents details on the daily shift reports.
o Checks vehicles for signs of theft/vandalism.
o Enforces parking policy with issuance of written warnings
o Checks condition of parking lots/sidewalks in inclement weather and notifies/assists appropriate personnel for sanding and shoveling.
o Provide motor vehicle lockout service as requested or assist in contacting other agencies to gain entry.
o Provide jumpstart service as requested.
o Is actively checking exterior lights to ensure that all lights are working properly and reports any lighting that is not working properly.
3. Completes required paperwork to account for all security related actions.
o Completes all reports by the end of assigned shift.
o Completes incident reports, occurrence forms, injury reports, and fall occurrence forms.
o Notifies Security Supervisor of major incidents.
o Submits requests for time off in a timely manner
4. Initiates investigations for all security related incidents.
o Incident reports are completed accurately 100% of time.
o Obtains food or similar items from Dietary for patients as directed.
o Assists with loading/unloading of patients from ambulances.
o Assists with turning, standing, lifting, or transferring of patients as requested by nursing staff.
o Assists with treatments and procedures of patients as requested by medical/nursing staff.
o Provides transport of cadavers to morgue and assists medical examiner and funeral director as needed.
5. Consistently follows department specific policies and procedures.
o Participates in appropriate role in hospital disasters, fires, drills, and other emergency situations.
o Responds appropriately to violent/psychiatric patients. Notifies police department when appropriate.
o Coordinates helicopter arrivals/departures and adheres to all related safety precautions
o Provides crowd control and dispersal when appropriate and notifies police dept. for assistance when needed.
o Provides traffic control to assist motorists as needed.
6. Demonstrates competence in the performance of duties and responsibilities related to maintaining Security equipment and the work environment.
o Exercises care in the operation of hospital equipment and reference material.
o Performs routine cleaning and preventative maintenance to ensure continuing functioning of equipment.
o Keeps work area clean and organized
o Contacts appropriate personnel to report/repair equipment.
Experience Minimum Required
• 1 year experience/21 yr. of age
• Healthcare experience/Law enforcement experience
Education Minimum Required
• High school diploma
• Education Preferred/Desired
• Associates Degree
Training Minimum Required
• Completion of Handcuffing certification within 2 weeks of hire
• Completion of VPM certification within 2 weeks of hire.
• Completion of IAHSS basic certification within 90 days of hire.
• Exposure (Director Discretion) and basic training of phazzer/taser within 30 days of hire.
• Self-defense courses
Special Skills Minimum Required
• Good interpersonal/written skills
Licensure and/or Certifications Required
• Driver's License
• ARC or AHA BLS within 90 days
• IAHSS Basic Certification within 90 days of hire
Apply on company website