Westaff is looking for an Electrical Engineer in the Hamden area!
*The Electrical Engineer will develop and test control system for custom designed automated process equipment. This role is responsible for supporting manufacturing in the electrical aspect of project work*
Engineer Essential Functions:
- Responsible for design of electrical controls in support of manufacturing engineering team.
- Develop control panels, from the initial electrical schematics through testing and completion.
- Develop user's manuals for electrical capabilities, including troubleshooting.
- Develop electrical CAD drawings, test specifications and technical reports.
- Ability to develop PLC and HMI software is a plus
- Support the Process Engineer in design of custom process equipment by providing feedback on P&IDs, electrical design, sequence of operations, test procedures and other aspects of the project.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution (required )
- 2-5 years of experience involving electrical design, testing, and technical writing
- Proficient with Computers/software and MS Office (specifically Excel and Word), AutoCAD Electrical (required)
- Knowledge of electrical codes, requirements and standards
- Familiar with PLC and HMI Software (Allen-Bradley, Siemens)
- Knowledge of Instrumentation and Controls
- Familiar with NEMA, NFPA and Underwriters Laboratory (UL)
**Westaff offers educational opportunities, medical, and dental**Apply today for immediate consideration!
Apply on company website