THE COMPANY: This company's mission is to provide high quality inbound and outbound logistics services at a competitive rate. Their vision? To be recognized as a “First Choice” provider of inbound and outbound logistics services to the global manufacturing community.
THE POSITION: We are looking for a knowledgeable person to provide material handling services to the sub-assembly and third party logistics operation
- Ensures all Health & Safety rules are observed.
- Locates and loads material as required, including accurate transfers within the MRP system
- Performs material handling duties for warehouse operations.
- Uses Varnet to collect Bill of Material for replacement subassemblies
- Unloads material as required in Sub-Assembly workstations.
- Moves completed sub-assemblies from workstation to shipping staging area.
- Moves requested parts from the warehouse to shipping staging area
- Uses Sharepoint to communicate status of 3PL parts and subassemblies to the customer
- Collects, reviews, and transfers surplus material coming back from the customer areas
- Works with Quality to ensure rejected materials are appropriately transferred to quarantine materials for their review.
- Actively performs housekeeping tasks to ensure clean and healthy environment.
- Participates in 5 why analysis, as required.
- Participates in corrective action (using problem resolution process) activities, where required.
- Steel-toed footwear.
- HS Diploma or Equivalent.
- Must be available for overtime - before/after scheduled shifts and weekends
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong background in the use of Excel and Word preferred
- Ability to lift material up to 40lbs
- Ability to stand on your feet for extended periods of time
- Familiarity with Sharepoint a plus
- Background in inventory control a plus
- Prior experience with an order picker or scissor lift a plus
- $18.00 Hourly going to $19.00 after 90 days.
- Monday-Friday; 7:00am-3:30pm
The Assembler position is located at a company in Plattsburgh, New York.
Why Work Here?
- Great Benefits Once Hired on Permanently.
- Local Plattsburgh Position.
- Overtime Opportunities.
- Opportunities for Growth Within!
Apply on company website