The Medical Technologist performs laboratory procedures in a timely and accurate manner according to established hospital and departmental policies and procedures. This position performs functional duties in the Pre-Analytic, Analytic, and Post-Analytic phases in the Laboratory Path of Workflow. May be required to share responsibility to delegate work assignments for self and co-workers in the absence of supervisor or lead. Medical Technologist with minimum experience of two years in designated lab section may be required to assess competency of testing personnel as delegated by Section Medical Director (Technical Supervisor) and Section Supervisor. Must comply with the CLIA standards, listed as responsibilities under 42CFR493.1495 for high complexity testing and 42CFR493.1425 for moderate complexity testing personnel including:
• Performs only those moderate/ high complexity test that are authorized by the Laboratory Medical Director and require a degree of skill commensurate with the individual's education, training or experience, and technical abilities
• Follows the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results.
• Performs and Maintains records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens.
• Adheres to the laboratory's quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed.
• Follows the laboratory's established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory's established acceptable levels of performance.
• Is capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either must correct the problems or immediately notify the general supervisor, technical supervisor, or Laboratory Medical Director.
• Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
Bachelor's degree and successful completion of a Medical Technology program which is accredited by the
Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation (CAHEA) or equivalent training, education, and
experience as defined by the State of Maryland Title 10, Subtitle 10, Chapter 01, Section 0.03.
Certifications: ASCP certification or equivalent nationally recognized MT or MLS certification or categorical
certification required. Must meet CLIA qualification standards for high complexity testing personnel listed in
Minimum Work Experience
One to two year's related experience is preferred.
MAY BE REQUIRED TO WORK ADDITIONAL HOURS OR VARYING SHIFTS TO MEET THE OPERATIONAL NEEDS OF THE DEPARTMENT.
Apply on company website