WGBH enriches people's lives through programs and services that educate, inspire, and entertain, fostering citizenship and culture, the joy of learning, and the power of diverse perspectives.
The OutPost is WGBH's in-house video and audio post-production facility. Serving a diverse client-base that includes American Experience, Frontline, Nova, Masterpiece and independent production companies, the OutPost delivers programming to PBS and other major distribution networks.
The Online Editor/Colorist is responsible for the finishing, packaging and delivery of programming for our clients including documentaries, promotional materials, digital video content and many other video productions. The Online Editor/Colorist works with a variety of documentary producers, production managers, and post-production supervisors to ingest, color-correct, and technically repair program materials. The Online Editor/Colorist may also design and execute packaging elements as needed.
This is a project contract position for 52 weeks.
This is a CWA Local 1400 union position.
- Perform offline, content editing
- Assemble sequences and stories according to scripts.
- Advanced ability to read and use Waveform and Vectorscopes.
- Ingest video and audio from a wide variety of formats, codecs, and types
- Using shared storage infrastructure and asset management systems.
- Backup/restore to/from DLT, SDLT and LTO tape.
- Prepare mix elements and supervise mix sessions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of five years of experience color grading and on-line editing on national programming.
- The Colorist/Online Editor should have ADVANCED color-correction and editing experience in Avid Symphony and Da Vinci Resolve.
- Experience in other non-linear editing platforms such as Adobe Premiere is highly desirable.
- The Colorist/Online Editor should have a strong knowledge of Adobe After Effects and Photoshop.
- An art/design background is advantageous.
- Familiarity with broadcast color-correction standards, technical principles, and delivery specifications is required.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team and strong customer service skills are vital.
- Track record of performance under broadcast deadlines will be taken into consideration.
Bachelor's degree preferred.
WGBH is an equal opportunity employer. The community and audience we serve is diverse, and we wish to foster that diversity in our workplace. Toward that end, WGBH does not discriminate against individuals in hiring, employment or promotion on the basis of race, religion, color, sex/gender, gender identity and gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap or disability, veteran or military status, political belief, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on company website