Employment Type: Full Time Regular
It's our 35th Anniversary and we keep getting better with age!
Doing what you love in a place you love with people you trust? Yes. At Chico's FAS, you can have it all. A career in fashion retail where you will feel inspired and encouraged to be your best and be yourself every day. A place where values and guiding principles are more than just a sign on the wall. An environment that cultivates and champions career growth. Through our focus on servant leadership, mentoring programs, customer service and philanthropic involvement, we find ways to make a difference every day. We care about each other, our customers and our community. Headquartered in Southwest Florida, Chico's FAS is a family of Three Amazing Brands, surrounded by beautiful sunny beaches. Ready to join us? Read on.
This position is responsible for creating and developing product for assigned category or categories from start to finish as well as support the design team to execute the seasonal concept direction, line plan style needs, margin requirements, and completion of product.
- Supports design team in creating the product collections at the beginning of each season. Creates new silhouettes for categories within the collections.
- Prepares development creative packages under direction of the senior designer and/or designer.
- Supports in managing multiple seasons at different stages of development, while understanding the development calendar and ensuring teams are adhering to the T&A.
- Creates assortment relevant to brand positioning.
- Prepares design tech packs.
- Demonstrates the ability to translate design to/for the customer.
- Prepares for seasonal product review meetings.
- Shops monthly to compile market research to gain understanding of brand and stays abreast of trends both directional and a retail level.
- May attend development fit sessions.
- May create artwork for embellishments, plaid and stripes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required; 4 year college degree in Design
- 3+ years' in the Denim design industry, preferably contemporary market
- Outstanding sketching and presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with internal and external partners
- Past experience in business/design with solid understanding of details and trim
- Excellent silhouette and trend forecasting ability
- Strong sense and passion for print, pattern and details that make the brand and product unique
- Affinity for working in a team environment
- Computer proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator , Excel, and Word; FlexPLM of similar strongly desired
- InDesign and Micrographx experience preferred
- Solid understanding of Fit, fabrics, finishes and construction a plus
- The ability to create or visualize an idea and produce a design by hand or using CAD a plus
Apply on company website