Employment Type: Full Time Regular
This position is responsible for managing, leading and developing the Technical Design teams for one or more departments and maintaining partnerships with all cross-functional teams. Takes a leadership role in ensuring brand specifications and fit standards are maintained for all garments as appropriate by Brand. This includes overall silhouette, consistency of fit, high standards of quality and detail, and overall execution by vendors. Develops vendor relationships through the Technical Design team via daily communications. Enhances processes and procedures currently in place, develop and implement new strategies, as business needs change. Ensures brand integrity through keeping the customer top of mind.
* Leads and/or coaches team during fit sessions, partnering team on product and fit adjustments, proposed corrections, and final grading; anticipates and resolves any problems with the fit process.
* Partners with design and merchant's teams to be able to provide relevant, stylish, and well-fitting product to our customer.
* Provides and/or develop block/sloper measurements and construction techniques to ensure consistency of fit and quality.
* Reviews and revises comprehensive construction standards and grade rule specifications; evaluates current practices and initiates new procedures in order to streamline workflow.
* Ensures Product Lifecycle Calendar dates are met for Development and Garment Fit Approval; Maintains accurate records for departments under auspice.
* Partners with vendors in the resolution of problems as necessary to maintain standards and timelines.
* Assigns duties and work schedules, and manages the work of the department; evaluates job performance and develops associates,
* Trains, mentors, and develops the Technical Design team under their auspice; prioritizes team workload as needed.
* May execute tech packs from Development to PP of assigned departments and additional product classifications as directed.
* May manage vendor onboarding training and extranet updates.
* May be assigned an annual department goal to lead to completion.
* Values individuality and the diverse talents of their team. Leads the team by communicating expectations, providing guidance, delivering feedback, and empowering the team to be their best.
* Bachelor's degree required; preferably in Fashion Design
* 7+ years' experience in apparel industry, including pattern making experience with full knowledge of total production timeline
* Detail oriented with ability to drive to completion with strong communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills
* Expertise in grading skills, pattern making, fit, balance, and garment construction, fabrics and fabric performance.
* Excellent knowledge of garment construction standards and manufacturing process.
* Block/sloper use and development experience required
* Effective team building skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent time management skills
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Share required
* Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative suite required
* Advanced knowledge of Web based applications, i.e. FLEM PLM or comparable software required
* Working knowledge of PDM system required
Apply on company website