White Plains Hospital, a 292 bed, leading award-winning hospital, located 25 miles north of Manhattan, in White Plains, Westchester NY, is looking for NY licensed Physician Assistant (PA) Orthopedics to help support our high-volume Practice located in Westchester County.
- Suturing and PA experience is required.
- Collegial and rewarding work environment
- Orthopedic Program specializes in Joint Replacement, Hand, Foot & Ankle, Sports Medicine, Pain Management
- OR time included
- Latest state of the art technology and ORs
- Competitive Compensation
- Full Benefits including Health, Dental, Vision and 401(k)
- CME and Generous Paid Time Off
- Tuition Assistance
- Conducts physical exams, assesses health status, orders and interprets tests, prescribes medications, and treat illnesses including giving injections and suturing wounds. Consults with physicians as needed and refers to physicians for more complicated medical cases or cases that are not a routine part of a PAs scope of work.
- Monitors therapies and provides continuity of care.
- Triages patient calls and evaluates patient problems. Responds to emergencies including use of CPR.
- Counsels patient/family on preventative health care.
- Documents patient information and care in medical record, in confidential manner, and may maintain departmental statistical database for research purposes.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medical model and roles of physicians and physician assistants. Familiar with anatomy, pharmacology, pathophysiology, clinical medicine and physical diagnosis.
- Demonstrates skill in gathering and analyzing physiological, socioeconomic, and emotional patient data.
- Demonstrates skill in accurately evaluating patient problems in person or via phone and providing appropriate advice, intervention, or referral.
- Demonstrates ability to make responsible decisions within scope of PA practice.
- Demonstrates ability to collaborate effectively with physicians on complicated cases.
- Demonstrates ability to educate patients, families and staff in user-friendly manner.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Current New York State Licensed Physician Assistant
- Current National Certification
- Certified in Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Life Support (ACLS)
- Minimum one-year work experience in outpatient or inpatient orthopedics is required
ABOUT WHITE PLAINS HOSPITAL PHYSICIAN ASSOCIATES
White Plains Hospital Physician Associates (WPHPA) is a division of White Plains Hospital, developed with the intent of aligning local practicing physicians with Hospital services. As a result, our patients can benefit from greater access to an expanding breadth of outpatient specialty services. By enabling physicians and the Hospital to work more closely than ever before, we ensure the best possible outcome for each individual patient by sharing information more directly, promoting growth, utilizing resources efficiently and effectively, and developing quality care to its fullest potential. It's just one example of the Hospital's mission of extending its services beyond inpatient and outpatient care to improve the overall health of our entire community.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Magnet Recognized 2012 and 2016
- AACN Beacon Award of Excellence for Critical Care - 2014 &2017
- Joint Commissions Gold Seal of Approval 2019
- S. News & World Report - Best Regional Hospital 2020
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award 2020
- Great Place to Work certified
- Top 20 Most Beautiful Hospitals
And many more.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a current curriculum vitae toSharon O. Alfonso
White Plains Hospital- Exceptional, every day.
Apply on company website