Area Specialist – Hardware
The Hardware Area Specialist will lead the store Hardware department while providing excellent customer service, customer education and taking part in the store success as a team member. They will answer customer questions regarding Hardware, fasteners, power tools, basic electrical, plumbing and home repair projects and other related items. The Hardware Specialist will provide product information, educate customers and ensure the department maintains all retail standards. They will help lead the store and contribute to the store team to improve overall performance of the location.Responsibilities
- Provide and ensure customer service in the Hardware department.
- Lead salespeople and stockers to ensure appropriate merchandising standards are met.
- Be the department expert and provide product information to customers and store team.
- Understand needs of department customers and further develop department product knowledge.
- Participate with other Area Specialist and department buyers in efforts to improve the value of the department.
- Two years of retail experience.
- Two years of customer service experience
- Experience that relates to the Wilco Hardware Department
- Examples: electrical, plumbing, carpentry or mechanical experience. Experience as a painter, or with home repair projects.
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to interact successfully with customers and co-workers.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- The ability to pass a post offer, pre-employment drug screen
- Medical dental and vision health insurance
- Profit share
- 401K retirement plan with an employer match
- Long term disability and Life/AD & D Insurance
- Employee discounts
- Paid holidays and paid time off.
Dating back to the early 1930's, Wilco, a growing retailer, has stood the test of time by maintaining focus on our values and never losing our passion for customer service. Wilco is progressive, and unlike the standard “farm store”. With a variety of departments including Garden, Pet and Animal Supply, Hardware and Paint, Clothing, and Pet Grooming (that's right, Pet Grooming), partnered with personalized service, our customers consider Wilco a preferred retail destination. Wilco has been named as one of the Top Work Places in Oregon and SW Washington by the Oregonian in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019. We are dedicated to our team, and attribute this distinction to them.
Apply on company website