This is a temporary position.
Stock, sign, and provide care for chicks in the Wilco Retail Store. Sell chick and poultry related products, provide product information and participate in general cleaning and maintenance of the retail facility and the chick area.
- Provide customer service and product information on the store sales floor.
- Provide care to chicks; including feeding, watering, providing health care, and cleaning chick pens.
- Stock, sign, and merchandise chick departmental products as directed by the store manager utilizing established procedures.
- Ring up, carry out, and load farm store merchandise.
- Maintain chick department orderliness and cleanliness utilizing established standards.
- Cashiering and other store, yard, or warehouse tasks.
- Open and close farm stores as directed by managers.
- Maintain and comply with established retail standards.
Successful Candidates Will Have
- Experience with poultry; including but not limited to breed knowledge, health and care knowledge and the ability to provide care.
- The skill to operate a computer and other automated office machines
- The ability to interact successfully with customers and co-workers.
- The ability to perform arithmetic calculations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of sales approaches, methods, and techniques.
- Availability Saturday and Sunday mornings required.
- The ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Employee Discount
- Paid Time Off
- 401K after 6 months
Dating back to the early 1930's, Wilco, a growing retailer, has stood the test of time by maintaining focus on our values and never losing our passion for customer service. Wilco is progressive, and unlike the standard “farm store”. With a variety of departments including Garden, Pet and Animal Supply, Hardware and Paint, Clothing, and Pet Grooming (that's right, Pet Grooming), partnered with personalized service, our customers consider Wilco a preferred retail destination. Wilco has been named as one of the Top Work Places in Oregon and SW Washington by the Oregonian in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020. We are dedicated to our team, and attribute this distinction to them.
Wilco is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website