Wilco Store Salesperson – Lawn and Garden Job Summary
Provide excellent customer service while assisting customers in the lawn and garden department. Answer product questions and make suggestions to customers while maintaining the lawn and garden department and ensuring it meets established retail standards. Support the Lawn and Garden area specialist and provide backup coverage throughout the store and cash registers.Responsibilities
- Provide customer service and product information on the store sales floor.
- Assist with the care of the plants in the department, including watering, unloading plant deliveries, and assisting customers select and load products.
- Ring up, carry out, and load farm store merchandise.
- Maintain department orderliness and cleanliness utilizing established standards.
- Cashiering and other store, yard, or warehouse tasks.
- Open and close farm stores as directed by managers.
- Customer service or retail experience.
- Lawn and Garden experience preferred.
- The ability to interact successfully with customers and co-workers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of sales approaches, methods, and techniques.
- The ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Employee Discount
- Paid Time Off
- 401K after 6 months with employer match
Dating back to the early 1930's, Wilco, a growing retailer, has stood the test of time by maintaining focus on our values and never losing our passion for customer service. Wilco is progressive, and unlike the standard “farm store”. With a variety of departments including Garden, Pet and Animal Supply, Hardware and Paint, Clothing, and Pet Grooming (that's right, Pet Grooming), partnered with personalized service, our customers consider Wilco a preferred retail destination. Wilco has been named as one of the Top Work Places in Oregon and SW Washington by the Oregonian in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020. We are dedicated to our team, and attribute this distinction to them
Apply on company website