The Lead Cashier directs daily activities and participates in the supervision and performance management of cashiers. The Lead Cashier leads by example and sets the bar for the cashier team by providing excellent customer service, handling cash and point of sale (register) procedures accurately and keeping the checkout and other assigned areas clean and orderly. The Lead directs the cashier team in reaching store and team goals.
- Lead the supervision and training of cashiers.
- Ensure that customers are greeted and their needs matched with the relevant person or department.
- Checkout customers pleasantly and accurately using established standards.
- Process sales refunds, returns and exchanges in accordance with company policy.
- Participate and contribute to cashier performance management activities with the Store Manager including hiring, feedback suggestions and performance appraisal development and delivery.
- Participate in creating work schedules for cashiers including lunches and breaks.
Successful Candidates Will Have
- A minimum of one year retail cashier experience
- A demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team
- Excellent customer service skills
- Clear, concise and professional communication skills with both internal and external customers
- A demonstrated ability to problem solve and maintain a calm demeanor during busy times
- The ability to operate computer and other automated office machines
- The ability to pass a post offer, pre-employment drug screen
- Medical, dental and vision health insurance
- Profit share
- 401K retirement plan
- long term disability and Life/AD & D Insurance
- Employee discounts
- Holidays and paid time off.
$15.75 - $17.50 Per Hour
Dating back to the early 1930's, Wilco, a growing retailer, has stood the test of time by maintaining focus on our values and never losing our passion for customer service. Wilco is progressive, and unlike the standard “farm store”. With a variety of departments including Garden, Pet and Animal Supply, Hardware and Paint, Clothing, and Pet Grooming (that's right, Pet Grooming), partnered with personalized service, our customers consider Wilco a preferred retail destination.
Wilco has been named as one of the Top Work Places in Oregon and SW Washington by the Oregonian in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. We are dedicated to our team, and attribute this distinction to them.
Wilco is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website